What, gentlemen, would you suggest to use as centerline fuel tank fot the Viggen? Gripen tank is too flat, Draken tank is too small, maybe Tornado tank or F18 tank? Tried the last two but didn't like them very much.. Any suggestions ?post-2160-0-44342100-1361057891.jpg

Just a thought :

The soviet PTB 1150 drop tank

(?)

Edit: It's more the PTB 2000 drop tank for the shape, but the wings are wider.

Edited by Cliff11

Maybe the AMX (without fins) or F-16 wings tanks ?

amx_international_amx.jpg

Military4Geza.jpg

Thank you guys, guess the F16 tank with its chopped off rear end probably comes nearest after all, but it could be somewhat more chunky. Gonna try it out......

How about this:

Not bad Svetlin, where is that one from ? (or is it maybe an extra for the SF2 version?) The problem with the F16 tank is that it is far too long. The Viggen tank must be one of the shortest 1500l tanks there is...

Edit: on second thought: Typhoon ?

Edited by Derk

This one is slightly longer than necessary, missing 1 (for the AJ-37) or 2 (for the JA-37) tail fins, but that is the closest match in general looks I was able to find among existing models.

It is the J-10 wing tank, that came with Erwin_Hans's J-10 here at CA. If I am not mistaken, it is still in the downloads section.

Thanks Svetlin, gonna give it a try. Indeed most tanks are longer than required as - what I said - the Viggen tank is very chunky....

If you have the needed plans for it, I htink a 3D modeler could build it, but I have no idea how far the new Viggen is, there is one as WIP for the scandinavian front

If you have the needed plans for it, I htink a 3D modeler could build it, but I have no idea how far the new Viggen is, there is one as WIP for the scandinavian front

I think Ravenclaw is involved in that one. Gonna have a look at Svetlins J 10 tank anyway...