Sign in to follow this  
AJAY67

Missing Textures

Hi community,

I've recently had time to have a go at my sims again, and I currently have a merged copy of SFP2E, and SFP2NA. On the weekend I downloaded and installed the beautiful F-4N and F-4S from this site and installed them; however I appear to be missing textures in the cockpits. This is for both aircraft; the instrument panels are black.

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to be doing some file extracting here. Can somebody help please?

Many thanks as usual,

Andrew.

does it have a cockpit subfolder? the missins textures should have been in there

for S&Gs, try this in the main ini:

CockpitDataFile=F-4J_cockpit.ini

see what happens

(might want to point it to the J's avionics, too)

AvionicsDataFilename=F-4J_avionics.ini

(this method saves time extracting the lod ==which is NO longer availalbe in the object cats==, so one can't open them with a hex editor and search for the various tgas and bmps)

Edited by Wrench

Thanks Wrench, but that was a no go for me. :-(

I ran your edits, and when I relaunched the game, both F-4's were gone from the selection list, so I reversed things. What I do have is the F-4N and the F-4S folders, with their own 'Cockpit' sub folders, but within that Cockpit folder, there is a single file which in both cases is called: F-4N_sight.tga.

That is why I am wondering if I can alias a cockpit from one of the SF2 Europe F-4's, if I extract them?

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Andrew, I think the problem lies in the fact that you only have Europe and NA in your install; both aircrafts Cockpit inis are looking for the F-4J pit. I'm not positive but I think the F-4J only came with SF2 Vietnam. Take a look in your aircraft folder and see if you have one. If not, you may have some ini editing ahead of you.

yes, as I said above --

all lods for all things are NO longer available for extraction from ANY cats!!

so, it looks like time either get one of the other games, or find another Rhino pit (E might work)

Isn't the F-4J a STOCK aricraft in SF2NA??? The J should be stock in ALL mods folders ... it's a stock SF2 (no suffix) aircraft

Isn't the F-4J a STOCK aricraft in SF2NA???

Nope, the F-4J only comes with SF2 Vietnam!

well hell! i'll be damned!!

one of values of having a full-5 merged set up i guess!!

AJ: try like I said, but piont to the F-4e_cockpit.ini and F-4E_avionics.ini.

see how that goes

Nope, the F-4J only comes with SF2 Vietnam!

ah that was the other reason i got SF2V. full merged but all other titles are to support my SF2E and Phantoms!

fubar reminded me that TK had released the F-4J as a free addon for SFp1. Unfortnatly, I cant find my archived version, can't find it here at CA, but DID find it at Check6 (the old french site)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/

find the SFP1 section, go to 'Avions', and page 7 has the original 1stGen download. You'll have to fake the install, but you should be ble to locate all the cockpit bits

Thanks guys, and especially Wrench.

All fixed up now. :-)