Could anyone give me a 'by the numbers' step by step way to get nuke effects into the game.

If it's in the KB,I missed it.

THANKS!

Put your effect in your effects folder.

Call your effect out in your weapons data.ini whatever weapon you want it for.

EffectClassName=LKT003

Add what you see below in your data.ini. Goes below everything else changing the names to your effect name.

[LKT003]

GroundHitEffectName=LKT003

GroundHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

WaterHitEffectName=LKT003

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitEffectName=LKT003

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=LKT003

ArmorHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

AirBurstEffectName=LKT003

AirBurstSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=5

Works for me.

It was a major pain in the ass to get them working- you will have to add callouts in the weapon data to match the effect you want to use and make sure that it matches effect ini exactly. Then edit the effect ini to add the proper SF2 shaders. I used this thread to get started converting lexx's nukes. http://combatace.com/topic/41168-using-custom-effects-in-sf2/ . Some one has uploaded a packege of updated effects i think this is it http://combatace.com/files/file/10369-sf2-combo-effect-pack-v100/

I'm getting them to work,with a little changing.

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Is there a way to get more realistic sizes and durations for the nuclear fireballs? I flew a B-1 strike mission and dropped a 1MT B83 bomb on an airfield, but the fireball was fairly tiny, and disappeared after just a few seconds. According to Nuclearweaponsarchive.org, actual 1MT fireballs rose to around 60,000 feet, for the most part, and hung around for hours....

Is there a way to get more realistic sizes and durations for the nuclear fireballs? I flew a B-1 strike mission and dropped a 1MT B83 bomb on an airfield, but the fireball was fairly tiny, and disappeared after just a few seconds. According to Nuclearweaponsarchive.org, actual 1MT fireballs rose to around 60,000 feet, for the most part, and hung around for hours....

Yep get the Lexx pack, see my above post.

Icarus999, thanks for that heads up on Lexx's Nuke effects; I had tried to get them working a while ago, I gave up and switched all my nukes to NukeExplosionEffect which as SebastionP said is not that impressive. Lexx's is waaay better! Especially in the Megaton range. :fan:

Whoops! Forgot to mention; Lexx's updated Nuke effects are in Starski's Effects Pack.

Edited by SupGen

Just noticed this topic and upgraded all my nuclear weapons to Lexx's effects and WOW how impressive! Much better than the NukeExplosionEffect and the different sized effects with different yield weapons makes it much more realistic. Now back to WW III

Just noticed this topic and upgraded all my nuclear weapons to Lexx's effects and WOW how impressive! Much better than the NukeExplosionEffect and the different sized effects with different yield weapons makes it much more realistic. Now back to WW III

Yeah, they are awesome, he did a great job on them.

Wow, its still alive.

he did a great job on them

Years back, maybe. I severly simplified the effects because I ran a low end budget video card at the time. That's changed, and the effects could be WAAAY way better. I'd love to do it again for SF-1 if you fellas/fellattes can port it to SF-2. I never went beyond about 3 days with SF2, so can't help here. Stuck on SF-1...not even that...no time any more after last year's summer push to get a proto-map half working. SF-0 for me now.

I did a big write up on the ideas, here http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3970 for those who care to look at the grafix theory and improve the lot.

• Like 1

Wow, its still alive.

Years back, maybe. I severly simplified the effects because I ran a low end budget video card at the time. That's changed, and the effects could be WAAAY way better. I'd love to do it again for SF-1 if you fellas/fellattes can port it to SF-2. I never went beyond about 3 days with SF2, so can't help here. Stuck on SF-1...not even that...no time any more after last year's summer push to get a proto-map half working. SF-0 for me now.

I did a big write up on the ideas, here http://bbs.thirdwire...opic.php?t=3970 for those who care to look at the grafix theory and improve the lot.

Hell yeah Lexx, bring us some fresh nukes!!!

Edited by Icarus999

Wow, its still alive.

I did a big write up on the ideas, here http://bbs.thirdwire...opic.php?t=3970 for those who care to look at the grafix theory and improve the lot.

It would be nice to have you back in businness. Even for SFP1.