baffmeister

Hurricane Mk1A and BF-110C SF2 FM's

Drop in Beta 0.8 SF2 FM's for the two aircraft. You need the Raven/Wrench Hurricane 1A package available in the SF2 WW2 downloads and the BF-110c available at the A-Team site. The FM's are the usual collection of original data, new data and ThirdWire tables etc. The BF-110 includes a new cockpit ini and Crusaders Revi gunsight TGA. The AI entries are a moving target at this point. I can guarantee that for the next update the AI will be changed again but you could copy the present BF-110 pilot skills AI into the previously released BF-109 and also transfer the Hurricane 1A pilot AI to the Spitfires. The default entries for the armor plate representing aircraft structure have been reduced for these aircraft. The armor plate representing aircraft structure doesn't have much if any effect against cannon rounds but does seem to penalize machine gun equipped aircraft. I may eventually get rid of it altogether to keep things balanced.

Hurricane Notes: Not much to say. The original FM flew well but I have added a new CDL table and various other changes to get the speed, handling, and roll rate I was looking for. The Hurricane didn't have much roll response to rudder imputs so I have tried to model that characteristic a bit. Anecdotal information would suggest the Hurricane was a bit less forgiving than the Spitfire during hard turns. The engine table is from the Spit 1A [late].

BF-110 Notes: The BF-110 had the worst roll rate of the BoB fighters [based on my research] so have tried to reflect that. The British pilot reports on a captured version said it was nice to fly, for a twin engined airplane. According to that source the two cannons could be reloaded in flight by the gunner/wireless operator. I can't imagine this would be an easy thing to do in the middle of a dogfight but the full cannon loadout is included in the data.ini, 240 rounds per gun. [one drum of 60 rounds and 3 spare drums per gun.] The engine table is from the BF-109E-3 but the prop rpm has been changed due to different gearing.

Do-17Z will probably be the next release, in a couple of weeks. Hurricane1A-BF110-Fm's0.8.zip

Edited by baffmeister
  • Like 1

Really appreciate your work on these FMs.

Would love to get the old SFP1 BoB campaign fully updated to SF2 standard, your work is giving me inspiration to do just that.

Cheers :drinks:

Really appreciate your work on these FMs.

Would love to get the old SFP1 BoB campaign fully updated to SF2 standard, your work is giving me inspiration to do just that.

Cheers :drinks:

Any updated BoB files would be greatly appreciated! For myself, the current plan is to get the German bomber FM's done then do a BF-109E-4 fighter bomber and probably a Spitfire Mk2A. At some point they will all get put together in one upload. :drinks:

I would love that too!Too bad those beautiful screens arent SF2 friendly.

what we NEED are new, freeware Axis aircraft.... a lot of folks can't get them.

sigh....

• Like 1

Wrench, Post a list of aircraft. :biggrin:

Wrench, Post a list of aircraft. :biggrin:

I'll take you up on that :biggrin:

Raven, we have your beautiful new Hurris, the Mod Mafia/TMF Spit 1A, Russo's Emils (could do with a proper SF2 update package), and Pasko's Ju-87 (recently updated by baffmeister to SF2 standard).

Monty has released a Heinkel He-111B which I assume could be modded into a BoB-era He111-H version.

We are missing freeware versions of the following:-

Do-17Z

Ju-88A4

Bf-110C

Blenheim Mk 1 (& 1F)

That should do it for a basic BoB era planeset. Of course, these are available elsewhere, but like Wrench says, not everyone has access.

Also, I am a fan of the one-stop, single-download style campaign package, like NF5, DS, Falklands and the rest. Availability of the full planeset has always been a stumbling block for updating the old SFP1 BoB campaign package available here.

So, if you feel like having a bash at of some of these. . . that would be outstanding :cool::drinks:

Thanks. I'm Going to Do some Ju-88's (I won't do the "elsewhere" dance.) as soon as I'm done with the P-40's and I get this LAPES side project done. Hmm Do-17Z. :idea:

We need for BOB also B.P.Defiant day and night fighter versions they were in it too and you cant get them Anywhere!!! Thanks!

Edited by usafphantom2

Quite a few problems showing up with the BF-110C. Fuel tanks that don't catch fire, engines that don't get shot up, and a few other things associated with Min/Max extents and typos. I hope to get an "Emergency Update" released in a few days, if anyone was wondering about those issues.

Always happy for an update ;)

Sadly, I don't have much time for testing these days, but a BoB thread will always get my interest.

Cheers mate!

BF-110 beta 0.81 FM attached. The previous version had a lot of errors in the damage modeling that have been fixed with this new version. Engines can now get shot up, fuel tanks can catch fire although it takes a lot of Browning rounds to set them alight, and the pilot is now "mortal." Still some weird things going on. Watch for a big piece of the airplane get released when the pilot is killed. It may be the entire internal cockpit area. If anyone can make the issue go away, please advise. Bf-110C_DATA0.81.zip

that was fault on pretty much all the early data inis....

it would jettison the ENTIRE cockpit mesh, as opposed to the canopy. (their Hurris and spits and, well, pretty much all of them did it)

irrc, Baltkia fixed it.

try this in the crew section for the pilot:

CanopyNodeName=Canopy

that should fix it

---

also, for those that don't have it ... and the entire pack of WW2 destroyed models is someplace in the downloads section...i don't rrmember where!!

unzip this, and drop the 2 pieces (lod and bmp) in the ROOT of the /Aircarft folder

add this ot the "AircraftData" section, where the weight, and wingspan and such is liste...

[AircraftData]

UseMetricUnit=TRUE

DestroyedModel=Bf110CDest.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

Edited by Wrench

Thanks for the info, [and the destroyed lod!] it seems to be fixed now. In this case it was the gunner that was causing the problem.

and that odd "whiteness" of the rear canopy...trying to figure if it's a mesh issue, or the canopy tga.

Perhaps a new 110 may appear some day ?

one of my fave Messer a\c along with all the 109s lol ,willi designed great a\c

Edited by russouk2004

Yes Please!

Gets my vote ;-)

Hi, Can I drop your BOB into a mods folder and run it as is?Or do I need to modify something,SF2NA install..Thanks!

Hi, Can I drop your BOB into a mods folder and run it as is?Or do I need to modify something,SF2NA install..Thanks!

I have been uploading aircraft data inis and a few cockpit files only so it would be recommended to create a functioning SF2 BoB aircraft installation first prior to using the said data.inis.

No I'm sorry i mean the The whole program BOB will it work as is or do I have to modify something to get it to work in SF2?

Hmm, the BoB package available here was built for Gen 1 sims, specifically patched up to the 083006 patch level. Any later level than that and you will get some weird FM issues on the included planeset.

Also, you will need to download the DAT planes separately, as they had to removed from the d/l pack at the creator's request, so the available BoB package is no longer a complete one-stop shop download.

I suspect the various menu screen will not work in SF2 format, and I have no idea whether the included campaign will run under SF2 or not.

Also, the included weapons and effects mods are based on the old patch level. Likewise, the terrain will need tweaking to run right under SF2

The more I think about it, the more I think it won't work at all if you just drop it into a SF2 mod folder, or, if it does, it will have some serious issues.

Of course, don't let me stop you giving it a shot if you want. . . but there is no way it will work right straight out of the box .

All of the above is why I am so interested in the SF2 level FMs which baff is producing, and the suggestion we may get updated freeware versions of old planes . . .

All of that means I could update the whole BoB package to SF2 standard.

Good luck!

Baltika

and..

when I get the EAW Euro terrain finished (it won't be a complete rebuild, only about 60%) It also might be usable for BoB.

I only say that ,as I'm having some issues with the BoB terrain in the TE.

Ok Guys Thanks,I'll update what I can and see what happens.