Can anyone tell me where I can find French weapons for WWII? I have a Martin 167 Vichy in an MTO separate install that calls for Fr200 bombs.

I belive they would be UK or US weapons,.

nope, we have "AdA" coded bombs.

seek them in the "French Heavy Fighters/Attack Pak" I uploaded a week/10 days ago

there deference that why french code weapons!

no UK US bombs go KABOOOMM!

French bombs go BOOOOMM!

Once again thank you Wrench, had the download but haven't setup my ETO install yet. I know you are working on a big Europe Terrain project can't wait to see that one once you are done.

Anything on the horizon for some MTO Ju87 skins and Bf109 desert version aircraft?

Everyone might want to check the Martin_167 config ini as one of the lines in the description is wrong and you get a black model

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Glenn Martin 167 A-3

AircraftShortName=Glenn 167

AircraftDataFile=Martin167_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=Martin167_cockpit.ini

LoadoutImage=Martin167_Loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=Martin167_loadout.ini

HangarScreen=

LoadingScreen=

Should read

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Glenn Martin 167 A-3

AircraftShortName=Martin167

AircraftDataFile=Martin167_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=Martin167_cockpit.ini

LoadoutImage=Martin167_Loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=Martin167_loadout.ini

HangarScreen=

LoadingScreen=

aircraftshortname= is only used 'in game' for the displayed target type, and on the single mission sscreen (say for

an intercept mission)for "attack and destroy the enemy *name of plane*"

also, the "Glenn Martin 167 A-3" should read "Baltimore"

167 is the Martin company internal model designation for that aircraft, like the B-17 is Boeing Model 299

black skins are not caused by 'name errors', but by misnamed skin map (bmp, jgp, dds, etc) or internal lod errors.

Or too many decals on the same mesh

edit: ok... you mane the Vichy one, NOT the RAF Baltimore

as I don't have, you'll have to take it up with capun over there

Edited by Wrench

ok...so, we're talking abou the Vichy Maryland..... here's what's wrong (had to locate my archived WoA zips, unzip, and pull the Maryland out to study it.)

the skins maps are in dds format. Examination of the lod via hex editor, and more importantly - looking at the OUT file (which lists ALL textures used within the lod)- show the lod (and out) are calling for bmps for the skins. I know from experience with some our KAW mods, that the models HAS to be exported from 3ds MAX with DDS as the texture.

What I've also experienced, is that when done so, NO OTHER SKIN MAP WILL BE 'SEEN' BY THE LOD. NEITHER BMP OR JPG WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE IN THIS SCENARIO.

there are a couple of ways to fix this...

1) using said hex editor (and making a backup of the R1 and other lods), "search and replace" dds with bmp; in ALL the lods. Dangerous for people unfamaliar with hex editing

2) easier -- with Photoshop, GIMP, Panit.net, open the dds files and "save as..." bmp. This brings back the skins for use.

the model itself has extensive issues...there are shadow tractor beams the size of boxcars, rolling radi on the landing gears is WAAAAY to high, and its speced for their own 7.5mm MGs and french bombs, as opposed to using those readily available.

It took me less than 10 minutes to fix most of the issues. Shadows can only be fixed in MAX or by turing them off in the main ini.

Edited by Wrench

I also copied the Maryland lod's to the Martin and that did the trick but shadows still exist. I did let Cesar know about what I came across. I will have to check out the Baltimore using your research when I load it.

Thank you again

can you post a screenie of the Baltimore? Mine works fine .. just tested it, completly unedited (from WoA)

that's a Maryland!!

this is a Baltimore (you said you were having skin issues with that one, too)

Hey Wrench would that work on that TBM-3E Skin VC3 you had a million years ago on your site?I finally got a lod to give me blue skin but decals dont show?They are on the skin,no decal folder.For KAW.

decal pathways might be off. chck that it's like this...

skin folder VS23

decals subfolder D

and the decals path looks like this: (decal 001 shown)

FilenameFormat=TBM-3E/VS23/D/Star

Sorry Wrench got myslef a little turned around the Baltimore is fine the problem was with the Maryland/Martin which you can see was resolved. :blackeye:

No I mean the markings are already on the texture,It did not come with a decals folder and I went though the whole Kb on Decals and how to,But this skin ha s them already placed in texture file.Probably a SF1 skin,For the first Korea mod.

then that isn't my VS-23 Avenger then. Mine was complete, minus the LOD.

Wait ,Yeah your right. I remember I had to find a LOD and it was an early one as I had to sub a slightly older LOD from the other site.So is it all LOD related?Without the exact one I wont get markings?I thought it was great for Korea.Maybe some day you could repost Using a different set of LOD's? :doh:

no posting of DAT lods, outside of the DAT site, is allowed.

the one mine is set up for, is the

TBM Avenger-R5.lod

dated 9/27/2005

Sorry ,I thought when you said your's that it was all your's.Too bad nice plane.: