Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Adding a Config.INI file to an .LOD?

Can I create a Config.INI for an Object that only has a .bmp and an .LOD? Or does it have to be attached via the .LOD in 3Ds? Pilots have an .LOD, a .bmp, and a Config.ini. So I wanted to make a Crashed aircraft effect have a shadow. But there is only the crashed aircrafts' .LOD and a .bmp (I can paint), but no Config for a shadow. I guess it's a yes or no question because I dont have a 3D program if needed. Thanks

I used a "crashed" Albatros D.III .LOD (stationary object) from the Flanders terrain, for First Eagles. I've painted the .bmp it came with to look like the Albatros D.III thats going to use it. Now In the AlbatrosD3's DATA.ini I add the .LOD name into the parameter that reads:

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=AlbD3Dest.LOD

Instead of the stock crashed aircraft .LOD

It shows up when I crash and also is painted the way I intended.

I created a Config.INI named "AlbD3Dest.INI" and inside I have this:

[LOD001]

Filename=AlbD3Dest.LOD

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=5000

MaxVisibleDistance=3000

But it doesnt show any shadow in the game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? If you understand what I wrote:)

The one on the left is stock and the one on the right is the one I made

post-33545-0-02899000-1362071036_thumb.jpg

Edited by quack74

I've been messing with it and still no go for the new Config files to work. The .LOD's, the .bmp's, and the new Configs are all free standing in the main Objects/Aircraft folder. They dont have a folder of their own.

most of the destroyed models I'm using on the WW2 stuff originate from the old ww2 terrain mods. All they have is the lod, and skin (usually a bmp), and the skin I've repainted to all black; as it supposed to be smashed and bruning.

I just have them residing the root of the /Objects/Aircraft folder. The individual aircraft data inis have the callout for what model to use (just like FE).

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=C-47A_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect <<--depending on aircraft size, maybe MediumOilFire

Never had to use an ini for them, other then listing the DM in a terrain _types ini for the parked static version of the planes destroyed counterpart.

btw, it LOOKs really good!!

Well I've tried a few things with adding a Config file but the sim just isnt recognizing them. All I wanted to do is add a shadow to the "Destroyed" model. I'm not sure how to do it or if it's even possible. Fubar512 says it is but I cant get it to work. Hmm. The name of the config files I created are the same as the .LOD's I've renamed.

I don't think destryoed models can cast shadows. AFter all, they're supposed to be destoyed!!! :biggrin:

the game-generated parked aircraft do, as they're just hte 'regular' lods placed on the terrain by the engine.