Sign in to follow this  
Number6

Can't visually target newly added vehicle

Still learning basic modding and wanted to add some short-range SAM action to WoE. I added Rebel Ryder's BRDM/SA-9 vehicle, and it is working in-game. However, I can only target it with radar. Even when it is plainly visible in front of me, I can't select it as a visual target (E key). The E key cycles among all the other ground vehicles/objects in the area, but does not "pick up" the newly added BRDM.

Any reason why a new enemy ground vehicle would NOT be picked up as a valid visual target? Anything obvious I forgot to do? It is flagged as SOVIET in the vehicle data ini file. Thanks for any feedback.

Look at your controls, and press the key assigned to select the target closest to the center of vision.

As in you'll have to trawl through the visual commands section.

Edited by Stick

there is no 'radar ground targeting selection' in these games. You're seeing the return, but you'll never be able to lock it up, as that function has not, and will never be available in these games

as to visual, you need to check the inis, either the main ini or data ini or both for the "MaxVisualDistance" lines

extract the stock BRDM data in and compare