Sign in to follow this  
Boresight

Very noob member MiG-29 doubt

Hello everyone,

First, congratulations to all the people who makes it possible to replicate the outstanding jet fighters in SF series!

However, although I've managed in the past to download and apply some TMF F-14 material from here - many thanks, I'm a very noob fan about packs/patches/releases/mods/add-ons, etc.

So, I would like if anyone could clarify me:

Does any of the MiG-29 mods available here at Combat Ace do allow the use of Helmet Mounted Sight and R-73 missiles?

A sincere thanks to you all.

Edited by Boresight

HMS - No, it's not coded for in the game.

R-73 missiles - Yes, and they have a slightly wider FOV to account for being HMS cue'd IRL but not in-game.

HMS - No, it's not coded for in the game.

R-73 missiles - Yes, and they have a slightly wider FOV to account for being HMS cue'd IRL but not in-game.

Thank you for your prompt response IanH.

So, when you say it's not coded for in the game, you mean it's not coded (possible) in whatsoever SF 1 or SF 2 version, ex; Vietnam; Israel; Wings over Europe; North Atlantic; etc. right?

So I deduce that R-73 missile lock process, will be just through the HUD or Radar/IRST screen?

Thank you for your attention.

Thank you for your prompt response IanH.

So, when you say it's not coded for in the game, you mean it's not coded (possible) in whatsoever SF 1 or SF 2 version, ex; Vietnam; Israel; Wings over Europe; North Atlantic; etc. right?

So I deduce that R-73 missile lock process, will be just through the HUD or Radar/IRST screen?

Thank you for your attention.

R-73s work in the same way as the other IRMs in this game. For your information, there is no IRST availible either.

R-73s work in the same way as the other IRMs in this game. For your information, there is no IRST availible either.

Thank you DoctorWho,

Ok I'm clarified.

I will await for the day this magnificent modifiers/developers community, may create that kind of mod to the SF MiG-29's and Su-27's if possible.

Because it sure would be great - in the line of what I've seen already, eg. TMF F-14; Mirage IIIea; etc.

Thank you all!

Hello again,

I bellieve it's not necessary to open a new thread, being this the same issue, I will post my question here:

Could you, appraised and respected moders people, just give me a small idea of the possibility / amount of work it would take to - produce a working Helmet Mounted Sight to MiG-29; or Su-27; etc. on SF 2 ?

Feel free to speak your mind. Thank you.

Learn how to program. In short you can use the F4 padlock (default) and use that as an "HMD" but if you want something on the scale of LOMAC/FC/DCS you'll need to program it in.

Hello again,

I bellieve it's not necessary to open a new thread, being this the same issue, I will post my question here:

Could you, appraised and respected moders people, just give me a small idea of the possibility / amount of work it would take to - produce a working Helmet Mounted Sight to MiG-29; or Su-27; etc. on SF 2 ?

Feel free to speak your mind. Thank you.

Completely impossible. That's something that only the developer (ThirdWire) can add, as it would require a new avionics dll file.

Ok, so it isn't possible, unless it wolud came form the developers.

Maybe in a future product release, who knows.

Thank you.