Sign in to follow this  
Centurion-1

Need help: Flashing/glitching texture material (3ds max-> SF2)

Soo... I am working on the TMF Mirage F.1 and for some reason max would not open the texture files / show them in the original files so I had to make a blank scene and import the model by the merge function and redo the materials.

Now, for some reason, the material glitches occasionally very badly, like so:

gallery_19311_694_4490.jpg

gallery_19311_694_284067.jpg

This mostly occurs when there are effects present like flak bursts or afterburner. Is there some problem with my 3ds max materials?

materials are standard, shader basic parameter is set as blinn? Dont use any other type than blinn, it'll mess thing up propably... but it looks like GPU artifacts to be honest

get that occasionally also. do you have two graphics cards? i have the integrated and the Radeon and its less (though not totally gone) after setting up thru CCC to run the game on the radeon card. only ever noticed on stock Phantoms and the Hercs, both of which settle down when i throttle down!!

looks definitly like gfx issue...I had bad artifacts a while back with crapola ati drivers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Pilots!

In today’s DD we have three new things to show you. First, we have some screenshots of our Normandy Map which is coming together nicely. It’s looking very scenic! Second, we have developed the technology to launch a V-1 “Buzz Bomb” from fixed installations. They will make great targets for mission designers. And finally, we have been working on the technology necessary to portray amphibious landings which is necessary for Normandy.

Normandy Landscape

Below are screens from the new map. As you can see there are some rather large cities and towns as well as a variety of different airfield types. The landscape is also very beautiful. Together it will make a very interesting and fun map to fly over.

V-1 Installations

The dreaded V-1 is operational in our project for the first time. V-1 sites were prized targets by Allied pilots and needed to be silenced. The V-1s raining down on the UK in the summer of 1944 were a real problem and caused so much destruction and casualties. Attacking these sites will make for some excellent missions.

Amphibious Landings

And finally, we can’t have an invasion without landing craft bringing troops and vehicles to the beaches. In the images below we see some testing on one of our non-Normandy maps. We have found a clever way to make infantry objects that appear pretty convincing. These soldiers can advance and shoot at the enemy and of course they can perish. Just don’t ask these little pixel soldiers to make you a sandwich or tea, they aren’t that smart.

Enjoy!

The Sturmovik Team
    • By Chakat_Avocado
      Hello everyone, I am asking any of those if they too are having similar issues though for some reason I am able to access it via my iphone. However, if I do not use incognito mode and open the website via firefox, it tell me that there is a 403 error and general access is forbidden. Please help me if you can, especially any staff at hand. Thank you sincerely.

EDIT: I am now able to access the website normally without resorting to incognito mode and browsing via iPhone. Hopefully the issue has been fully resolved. I think all it took was clearing out some cookies in the browser.
    • By Righteous26
      Does the game limit you to the four basic icons for friendly and enemy aircraft and ground units or can a specific unit (e.g. 1st Tank Brigade) have its own icon assigned? I made some icons for Dhimar and Paran with the basic names and included them below. Should you wish to use them just copy them to your mod folder /Menu folder and overwrite if asked.
      ENEMYAIRCRAFTICON.bmp
      ENEMYGROUNDFORCEICON.BMP
      FRIENDLYAIRCRAFTICON.bmp
      FRIENDLYGROUNDFORCEICON.BMP
    • By Doc12345
      Hello,  I just purchased Wings over Flanders Fields and when trying to start a mission after creating a pilot dossier I receive the following error message:
      "`Error copying Global layer - Make sure the Mission Builder is not running."  The game then takes me to the main menu.  Any help would be appreciated.  
    • By JamesWilson
      After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.
      There's no way i can set 'em.
      Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.
      I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...
      I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 
      There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.
      As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out 
      Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?
      Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..