Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Modern VietnamSEA Terrain?

Has anyone modified the VietnamSEA terrain into a modern day version? I'm trying to do this and I know that changing the South Vietnam airfields to "ENEMY" in the targets.ini would work, but what other areas would need to be changed?

I'm not an expert on areas on this terrain nor do I understand completely how to read positions on the planning maps. Any suggestions or knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks

1) never use planning map for coordinates (cause there ain't none to be had). You'll NEVER figure them out that way. Best would be the WoVSqmd. (yes, it works just fine in SF2)

2) EVERYTHING in the South becomes "ENEMY"

EDIT:

3) you'll have to edit the VietnamSEA_Nations.ini, and change the alignment for Location=1 -south vietnam- (which is ALWAYS Friendly), and create them as a NEW Location, or perhaps changing them to 2 (North Vietnam), and everything else -Thailand- become location 1

Edited by Wrench

what year spread we talking? remember we are gettin cozy with Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City again as of the last decade. but a " we found MIA's still in camps and want them back" style scenario would be plausible for the 80's. think the aftermath of Uncommon Valor or Rambo III. ya don't think the US Govt would stand by when proof was shown esp in the Reagan era do ya? (sadly maybe these days they would.....)

• Like 1

ya don't think the US Govt would stand by when proof was shown esp in the Reagan era do ya? (sadly maybe these days they would.....)

Yes, these days there seems to be more of a Capt. Picard approach rather than the Capt. Kirk "We come in peace, shoot to kill". Not that I want to spark up that argument...

Dels

• Like 1

And lets not shall we?

Thanks Wrench, where can I find the WOVsqmd?

I share your outlook daddy, there will never be another like Ronald Reagan.

Edited by warthog64

1stGen downloads, it's a mission builder. Prolly wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

in the back

... think the aftermath of Uncommon Valor ...

I love that film!

1stGen downloads, it's a mission builder. Prolly wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

in the back

Well, sure a long time ago, must be somewhere BC then.... :blink: