Sign in to follow this  
Number6

LGBs on A/C with no laser designator

This complaint is far too old for anyone to care about, but I just wasted a lot of time on a mission (ended up dying) because I couldn't get LGBs to drop from an F-15A in Wings over Europe. After the mission, I figured out it was 99% probable that the reason my LGBs would not release, was because the F-15A doesn't carry a laser designator. It would have been helpful, in the loadout screen, to have a WARNING come up when you load LGBs onto an aircraft with no laser designator. Or perhaps LGBs should not be allowed to be loaded if the A/C doesn't have a designator.

Apparently it works when you have a strike mission, because the game magically gives you credit for some other aircraft or ground unit doing the lasing, but if you just try to use LGBs in some other type of mission, they won't work.

Grumble.

LGBs can be dropped with any aircraft even without a designator, But it will only track when it is dropped on a primary target.

Anything else will cause the bomb to drop like a regular bomb.

I hope this information is useful.

not by player controlled aircraft, they wont

which is why the data and loadoout inis need extraction for Eagle, placed in the F-15A folder, and REMOVE all A/G statments. A's are the purest air superiority aircraft in the world "not a pound for air-to-ground"

you wanna drop bombs? download the Mud Hen

And further more F-15A's should not be or where not configured to carry LGB's. Which means that in your data.ini you should not find any laser designator........ as per reality.