Wrench

SF2 WW2 Central Pacific Terrain Fix-It Pak

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (REQUIRED!!) =

** Note: This mod will =ONLY= work correctly in a WW2 PTO mods folders built FROM the SF2NA exe. This is only REAL way to get all the proper coding necessary for the operational CV Zones. It will absolutely NOT work correctly in any other versions, and most definatly NOT at all in SF/Wo* 1stGens at any patch level **

This relatively small pak contains the necessary inis, a new _water.bmp, etc to bring the WW2 Central Pacific Terrain (aka "The Marianas") up to SF2NA standards at the July, 2012 patch.

It uses several 'NA-only' switches, the LimitedNations=TRUE statements, and a new _water.bmp with semi-correct CV zones (I say semi, as for ease of play, as the map is divided east/west for IJN and USN, as opposed to the historical version, with the USN TFs west of Guam). The _targets.ini has been slightly reworked, to remove the static parked aircraft, allowing the Game Engine ™ to populate them automatically. Perhaps incorrectly, but populated nonetheless :).

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended you read the document through after unzipping, but BEFORE installing.

As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining and enlightning reading.

Please also read the New Standard Usage Discalimer, as it's been changed slightly to reflect a change in my policy. It's listed at the bottom, in the Legal Statement Section, with the URL back to the CA post.

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for your hard work Wrench, only thing is the WaterMap statement is missing from the ini...easily added, though. One question, with the Nations ini set up this way I'm getting IJN strikes on the US Fleet and USN strikes on land targets. Is this intended; ie. US strikes before an invasion? Don't mind me I'm kinda like Halsey, always looking to go after the other guys carriers and I can do that by reversing EnemyNation 1 and 2.

Yes.

but...

"Get the Carriers"!!! (but don't leave your landing forces undefended. "where is 3rd Fleet? the world wonders...")

that's interesting ...flipoping JE and IJN. very interesting!

odd, the waterbmp statement should have been there!!

serioiusly???

open the CentralPacific.ini, and add this line

WaterMap=CentralPacific_Water.bmp

at the bottom of the top section, so it looks like this:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Central Pacific (Marianas Islands)

DataFile=CentralPacific_data.INI

TargetFile=CentralPacific_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=CentralPacific_types.INI

MovementFile=CentralPacific_movement.INI

NationsFile=CentralPacific_nations.INI

BriefingText=CentralPacific_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=CentralPacific_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Longitude=145

Latitude=14

LimitedNations=TRUE

NavalMap=TRUE

WaterMap=CentralPacific_Water.bmp

Ahhh. I knew it would go in the ini. Just wasn't sure where. Also. on some terrains(this one is one of them)you can see under the water line on some ships and on some you don't?

Edited by TheWarrior

ship lod problem ... unfixable

Thanks Wrench for this one and NewGuinea,Hope you can Fix Midway I can create missions and fly from the terrain with mission editor although it still tries to screw up the red-blue sides that's fixable but single mission only gives same side badguys which of course dont appear and mission failed ,With diveTorp planes I get enemy ship targets with no air cover in single mission So if I create all my missions I'm fine,Leave it to the game no dice.Thanks much for the fix on others! :biggrin: