Sign in to follow this  
flameout513

Format of Start and Stop Dates in ini files

I am puzzled as I see month/day/year in the names ini and only year in the data ini??????? :crazy:

Does it really matter as long as you have the year for your objects and terrains???

correct form is mm/dd/yy, expecially in data inis when exact dates are known (personally, I just use the nearest whole month)

you can use as d/y (04/1957) or whole years (1957)

but..

the statemen must read as "ServiceStartDate=" for mm/yy

ok, I went through my aircraft and looooked at all the dates and made corrections as necessary. However, in an effort to drive me insane I find that the Texture some had a StartDefaultDate not a StartServiceDate! My question is do you change the Default to Service and why is 3W trying to drive us crazy!!!! I would expect some conformity in the use of these terms among 3W and modellers. I don't know if any changes are correct and maybe the best thing I can do is leave it alone??? Opinions most welcomed

the start date on skins is done when there are camo or markings changes. If they're mine, they are historically correct, and shouldn't be changed (i can't speak to anyone elses)

which, in particular? (aircraft and skins, that is)

Tabby IJN

Nate 1Sentai 64-1 77-1 77-2 77-HQ Dark Green DG Camo Green

Zeke Rufe PaK many

I see StartDefaultDate most have dates some have only the number 1

So the StartDefaultDate is correct it is not StartServiceDate?

flameout513, 3W is not trying to drive you crazy; the two statements denote two different things. StartServiceDate is used to indicate when an aircraft first comes into service, ie. when it is first available. StartDefaultDate is used for textures (skins) and loadouts to indicate when the skin or loadout that the aircraft had on it's StartServiceDate changes, in other words when due to technological advances in weaponry (loadouts) or doctrine (Low-Vis as opposed to Hi-Vis skins) the aircraft starts using a newer version of either; on that date the loadout or texture defaults to the newer version. Do yourself a favor, take some time to go through the Knowledge Base (both SF1 and SF2, a lot of stuff is applicable in either), and just read some of the older threads on this site; sometimes I get lost and don't come up for air for quite awhile, you'll find that a lot of your questions have been covered before. Hope this helps and good luck!

Wrench - I could very well be out in left field here (boy does that age me) but I just want to understand if there is a standard I should use so that all my aircraft textures groundobjects are properly dated and not causing conflicts. What I know about modelling you could put in a thimble (age again) and still see the bottom.

thanks Super Gen it is study time!!!

sure thing! after downloading, leave them alone :biggrin: