Is at the iTunes store - you will find it next to Fighters, Strike Fighter and Strike Fighter hd lol

Had a go - lost interest after about 10 mins - not for me

Still at a loss as to why people were asking for ground attack and rudder in an arcade shoot em up.

EDIT: Sorry should be SF for iOS

Edited by MigBuster

I'm downloading it now, it takes up a lot of space

strange , it's free and only 165 MBs and not yet rated

downloading ...

I rated it ?!?

me too , and theres a punch of fighters including f-14 f-16 and mig-25 and lots other but you have to pay $$ to unlock them

You dont have to pay, you have to get the "keys" by passing the levels.

Bdw when you get an aircraft with missiles its easy.

Edited by Stipe

I saw comments about that regarding the Android version - that keys no longer unlock the jets with later patches - has he changed it so you have to pay now?

i gave it a go, i guess it's alright for some fast fun waiting for the kids to come out to the car or something but I don't see me spending any cash to get any more planes.. pretty much one more APP that I wont use... after a few times

Edited by colmack

had no experience with SFA never played it before , but you can pay to unlock jets if you don't want to pass missions in order to unlock them ( IOS version )

now after played first mission i gotta say its easy to destroy enemy ACs with guns

Edited by Teras

Planes not in the PC version look to be the MiG 25 & F-5A plus there is a USAF F-15C & F-16A and an F-4S.

I used my free key to buy the Hunter. Should I re-download and go for the F-100 instead?

No, the hunter is much easier to fly

(You dont have to download the game again, just go back to the super sabre)

Gotcha, I didn't realise the super sabre was available until I scrolled back through the air raft selection screens.

The iOS and Android versions play exactly the same. You can get aircraft by either buying them or earning keys to unlock them by playing the game.

Simple as that.

FC

and they got better clouds than we have in the stock version , can you believe it?

hes not using 2D or 3D clouds looks like hes just stuck in a different jpg for the sky background - although we had a better one from Polak for SF about 8 years ago -

and Rotos flight sims in new update got 3D cockpits instead of previously 2D ones... good luck then if you know what I mean

although we had a better one from Polak for SF about 8 years ago -

nope, as great as Polak's horizon clouds were we have no real sky box; SF series sky has untextured dome (that I tried to put texture onto manipulating shaders /in series2/) while SF for mobiles uses Unity engine that has good old skybox (literally box a'la Quake2 times)

Ah yes - i remember - so the skybox thing does a better job of representing an image file (s) :)

yet dome type better represents actual atmosphere curvature

titles like Il2 and CFS3 use skybox too to render the upper level clouds, would be neat to have, the only way we can have similar effect is cirrus sky by Lexx, but I can't say I tested it ever in Gen2 titles

as a non iOs user I have a question, is it me or the Apple version has slightly higher resolution skins and more complex models?

Might be due to fact of the iWhatever_the_catchy_name have more or less set hardware specs opposed to android devices which range vastly?

I have the iOS version on the iPad 2 and the Android version on the HP Touchpad running ICS. From what I can tell, the aircraft seem to look the same.

FC

thanks FC