The Super Hornet International came up in a discussion on another forum a couple of days ago, and looking at the pictures available has left me wondering, could these mods be added to the Super Hornet we already have courtesy of EricJ? CFTs shouldn't be any trouble, nor the sensors, but the thing I'm most interested in would be the weapons pod for stealthy weapons carriage. Can such a pod be made and animated without making it part of the aircraft itself?

It's been brought up elsewhere and I think there's a limitation (I would assume) with the weapons pod. By the PDF I have it has the capability for a total (so far mentioned anyway) of three pods, the rest is fairly easy to add to the existing model. Mind you that resources are somewhat limited (i.e. information brochures, etc.).

It would be a cool addition

Edited by dtmdragon

We already have that PDF and it's all dependent on whether or not FC can get around to doing it. Plus Brain32 MIGHT do the cockpit so it has been in the works, just I was opting for a more test bed approach than so much a public release. Fact is that there haven't been any buyers (though the USN has been reportedly looking into some of the improvements). So I tend to go with the flow if its going to be used and if not well... I can hope too.

I'd like to get it done...just trying to find the motivation. Also, I'm starting my spool up to get requalified, so I'm probably going to be out of pocket for a few weeks until I'm back on the line and life has completely returned to the new normal.

FC