Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Albatros W.4

I uploaded the Albatros W.4, the float plane version of the D.II. It will take off and land from a regular airfield, but it looks better if you begin the mission in the air. I included a full set of number decals and my skinning templates.

Thanks to Ojcar for the data file, to Nix for the sound, to to Quack for getting me started on sea planes.

post-67404-0-43906500-1363119380.jpg

post-67404-0-52527000-1363119386.jpg

post-67404-0-30337400-1363119393.jpg

post-67404-0-35004100-1363119400.jpg

• Like 1

I just love this. I bet in 20 years we will never see another combat sim that has this plane in it. thanks.

love flying boats and seaplanes

but...

where did you get that cargo ship??? I don't recognize the model. Something new?

Yep, I've been starting to make ships to act as targets for seaplanes. That's where all my recent questions about ship movements came from.

well, if you can't get them to work right in FE, I'll be glad to use them in WW2!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

As of now the programing just isnt in FE2 to get shipping to work. SF2 got the update but FE2 took a back seat on that one. I've added all I could to the .INI's in my FE2 but nothing made it work any better. The Sim just isnt reading the "_MOVEMENT.INI" in the Terrains' folder. So the X,Y coordinates for the shipping lanes, 80% of the time just go to 000000.000000,000000,000000 which is the bottom left corner of the map. And there needs to be the new terrain map.bmp that has the red for water and black for land like in SF2. It cant be fixed by us. All the text, effects, Ships, Planes, Misc objects, and Terrains are all there. Just no proper coordinates. Maybe TK will through us a bone here on this one. It would really make FE2 great. So many other possibilities with Single Missions and Campaigns. The Flanders terrain and (when completed) the new Northern Italy terrain by gterl, will be perfect for it. One can only hope. TK doesnt know the FE2 thread at TW exsists anymore I think. Everyone hound him about it. Maybe he'll respond!

Beautiful - off to get this nnow!

Then off to TW to badger TK - if nothing else, getting even a modest boost to sales of FE2 ought to make it worthwhile, TW putting in a few man-hours for an FE2 update to unlock the additional potential.