Strike Fighters 2: War For Israel V3.0 + Sandbox

Updated ReadMe 13 Mar 2013

Strike Fighters 2: War For Israel V3.0 + Sandbox = 11 Gigs

Campaign For SF2:Israel with SF2:North Atlantic. or

SF2,SF2:E,SF2:V,SF2:NA with SF2:Israel Merged Install.

Campaigns incuded are "War For Israel" "ClubMed '82"

and "ClubMed '97". Korea and Taiwan will be addons to this

as they depend on North Atlantic.

Campaigns now have Carrier Group support.

More aircraft added and new cockpits for F/A-18's and F-16's.

//==========================================================

If you want to use the "New World Order" Nations Scenario in

the Single Missions mode, Drop the Nations.ini from one of

the Campaign Dir's into the Flight Dir in the User Mod but

keep a backup.

To Install:

Make a copy of "StrikeFighters2 Israel.exe" and

"StrikeFighters2 Israel.ini" and rename them to

"StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe" and

"StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.ini" put them back into the

Program files Thirdwire Folder, then run the

StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe once and go to the Users

Mod folder it created eg:

...Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\

and delete the contents of the Aircraft and GroundObject

Folders. Extract StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael Part1 thru Part5

installers into the same Folder and run the Installers and

point them to the Saved Game folder "StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael"

User Mod Root Directory.

NOTE:

The Campaigns in this Mod can take a while to load. I have a descent System

War For Israel can take 2 or more minutes to load. Also if the campaign dumps

restart and it should load ok.

I want to thank the Community for all their effort for without this Mod would not

have possible, Included below:

BPAo

331KillerBee

Abhi

Actarus

AGOSTINO

aleks

AmokFloo

Amourdave

ArturR

Badger

BANIDOS Team

bib

bigal1

BlueDream

bobrock

Bone Team

Brain32

Caeser

Camouflage

Column 5

Craig

CrazyhorseB34

Crusader

DamWaar

Dave USAFMTL

Dels

Deuces

Diego

Digital Overlord

Dr.Welsh

dtmdragon

eburger68

Epizikl

EricJ

Erikgen

Erwin_Hans

FastCargo

Florian

Flying Toaster

Fubar512

Gabilon

Gerald14

Gaston

gerwin

Graybeard

HoneyFox

HrntFixr

J.M Langeron

JA 37 Viggen

Jat81500

Jeanba

Jimmy B

Joe Baugher

JSF Aggie

Julhelm

Jv44kt

Kesselbrut

Klavs81

Kout

Kreelin

lindr2

LloydNB

Mago

Manetsim

Marcfighter

Matthew Ouellette

Max Rudakov

Migbuster

Miracleman

Mirage Factory

MJ

Moonjumper

Nicholas Bell

OldDiego

Olivier ANGUILLE

pablitoVPT

Pappy

Pappychksix

Paragon

Pasko

pcpilot

Phamtuan

Private

Rafael

Rampage

Raptore One

Ravenclaw

rebel ryder

Scrapper

Serverandenforcer

Siddog

Sidewinder86

Silverbolt

Sony Tuckson

spillone

ST0RM

Starfighter2

Stary

Sundowner

Swede

SWS

Syrinx

Talos

Team Viper

TFlash

_Thomas_

Tiwaz

Tunderchief

Veltro2K

DrWelsh

Vampyre

WhiteBoySamurai

Wilco

WingWiner

Wpnssgt

Wrench

X Ray

xiaozcs

YEYEYE

Zola25

Third Wire

and TK

Thanks to all, let me know if i missed anyone.

Spectre8750@gmail.com

Looks interesting.

What is "clubmed82" campaign about ?

Lebanon ?

More or less jeanba, The Club Med Campaigns are really just battles during time periods in the region. I'm planning to release more campaigns as addons, and a full Israel vs Lebanon

was one i wanted to release. I've tried to have as much aircraft and ground objects as i could included in this mod to cover from the 1970's to Present day so that Single Missions and

Campaigns could easily be addon. That's also why i refered to it as a Sandbox Mod.

Spectre8750,

sorry but I think I wasted few hours trying to make it working,

it just CTDs after the splash screen, installed as per readme, I'm at loss :sad:

everything other works flawlessly on my system: W7 64 bit, 8 GB ram, GF 560Ti, up to date drivers etc, any other sf install works, this one refuses to launch

also browsing the installation I found out that Mig-15 has older version of the cockpit... tell me what's the point of not including the updated one?

generally Spectre8750 I suggest you test your full-pack installations better before uploading in the future :bye:

Stary

I have tested it. Not sure why you're having this problem. Could you tell me what the file count and size is in your install? I will include the New Cockpit in an update. Been so busy i overlooked it.

Thanks for the info.

also don't forget I did PFU cockpit too!

it's over 11 GB, so it's all there, structure is ok so I honestly have no idea what causes that CTD :dntknw:

several times, then trew out some folders like flight, effects, menu to try again... nogo,

now I'm reinstalling it from scratch, will see

ok, I nailed it

it's one of the MENU folder items, my bet is on one of .ini files, I renamed MENU to xMENU and it works so far, now if I could narrow it to which .ini causes that... and now I recollect I had the very same issue on older system with one of yours Modern Warfare installs I think it was Korea

edit:

still, not working, CTDs after clicking on Flight, both Campaign and single missions, tested on IsraelME map aswell as Desert and GermanyCE ones, several planes from several periods (to check if some ground object might be conflicting etc)

Is anyone else having this problem or any success running the Single Missions or Campaigns?

Also forgot to mention in the ReadMe which i will update, that you need to edit the Mods Option.ini "EndYear=" as fallows:

[singleMission]

AircraftType=MiG-17F

Service=Soviet

MissionMap=ISRAELME

MissionType=SWEEP

MissionTime=NOON

MissionWeather=SCATTERED

AirActivity=NORMAL

AirDefenseActivity=NORMAL

FlyAll=FALSE

LoadMission=FALSE

LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\??????\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Missions\???.MSN

MissionDate=1970

StartYear=1948

EndYear=2040 <-----------------------to this

EditMission=FALSE

Edited by Spectre8750

will check, but as I am able to select the campaigns from past 80s it might be something else, will search and report Spectre

soo... I made some progress, in fact found a solution to the issues I have had -I had tiny leftovers dlls from Sweet FX DirectX plugin in my main installation folder (not the mod installation one, but game core one) that was causing the CTDs with this mod,

I think case solved, sorry for yesterdays bitching, I was pissed after few hours of battling with it :heat:

well done, I never thought shooting down a reaper would be quite a challenge. Soviet missiles on the flankers dont work :biggrin:

I do wish we have a tail hook on them flankers. otherwise great job i just imagine the nightmares of putting all that stuff together.

A-4M in campaign of 97 lacks loadouts in my case..? As in I have all the weapons but have to manually arm whole strike package. anyway good job there :ok:

Thanks for the heads up Stary and saisran and thanks for the thanks :) i've gor the small update almost ready if you wouldnt mind testing it?

Edited by Spectre8750

sadly I won't have time till Monday :( that's why I was soo impatient to test it yesterday, my gaming time is very limited these weeks

of course, generally my modding is currently at hold due to aforementioned time issues but...

Okay having fun with this apart from War for Israel threw me a wobbly on the 2nd mission... with the USAF F-35A I had a Royal Navy battlegroup steaming on land next to my airbase in Red Colours... interesting take off... getting shot at by a full battlegroup...

Win7

April 2012 Update

Also there is a problem in Med 82 when you select the FA-18A it parks you on the USS Pelieu and then crashes the game out...

Everything else runs fine...

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

Okay having fun with this apart from War for Israel threw me a wobbly on the 2nd mission... with the USAF F-35A I had a Royal Navy battlegroup steaming on land next to my airbase in Red Colours... interesting take off... getting shot at by a full battlegroup...

Win7

April 2012 Update

Everything else runs fine...

I will confirm this second mission of the F-35A got shot down by the royal Navy on land as taking off lol.

Having an odd issue with this one, Was able to play the first mission in a Club Med 82 campaign with the USN opperating the F-14A(82) just fine, but now the game crashes at about 70% on the loading screen. As per the crash report

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe

Application Version: 12.7.5.33

Application Timestamp: 500441cc

Fault Module Name: AircraftObject.DLL

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 500ed26c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0005059d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Running Windows 7 64,

One note, I did deviate from the Read me a bit, and based by EXE/INI's off of a copied SF2 NA.exe, not a SFT:Isrel.exe. I also applied the fix you mentioned to the single mission settings a on the last page. No joy :(

Could using the SF2NA.EXE be my issue? Seems odd it would work one misson, and now crash out on another...

PS: The one mission I did get to play was awesome! Thanks for this!

Edited by AggressorBLUE

Having an odd issue with this one, Was able to play the first mission in a Club Med 82 campaign with the USN opperating the F-14A(82) just fine, but now the game crashes at about 70% on the loading screen. As per the crash report

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe

Application Version: 12.7.5.33

Application Timestamp: 500441cc

Fault Module Name: AircraftObject.DLL

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 500ed26c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0005059d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Running Windows 7 64,

One note, I did deviate from the Read me a bit, and based by EXE/INI's off of a copied SF2 NA.exe, not a SFT:Isrel.exe. I also applied the fix you mentioned to the single mission settings a on the last page. No joy :(

Could using the SF2NA.EXE be my issue? Seems odd it would work one misson, and now crash out on another...

PS: The one mission I did get to play was awesome! Thanks for this!

As an update, I was able to do the War For Israel defense campaign in an F/A-18E without any CTD's. On the second mission however, both the US and OPFOR fleets were basically intermingled and in active conflict. I was locked up as soon as my wheels left the deck, lol. I'm guessing this is more bug than feature?