I would love it if someone could create Peoples Resistance Park with the Sam's stacked all over connected by main street in Hanoi for Vietnam Sea Terrain.I think we have the static Sam's now and I think everyone would enjoy being able to fly the Flight of the Intruder mission.Just an idea. :biggrin:

• Like 1

I did something like that, just staffed an area with SAMs south the bridge and set it as an armed recon mission, but it didn´t look all that good

I would love it if someone could create Peoples Resistance Park with the Sam's stacked all over connected by main street in Hanoi for Vietnam Sea Terrain.I think we have the static Sam's now and I think everyone would enjoy being able to fly the Flight of the Intruder mission.Just an idea. :biggrin:

I thought of the same thing, wondering where it was after watching the movie.

all one needs is a detailed map of Hanoi (from the time period) and --here's the REAL fun part -- trying to translate that to TK's tiling of the city.

with STOCK TODs I might add...GH/GH3 adds all them larger building making it impractical (and virtually impossible) to locate target objects within a city

here ya go...

have at it...

:biggrin:

Edited by Wrench

The National assembly building in Hanoi, is number 175. It's now a theater.

all one needs is a detailed map of Hanoi (from the time period) and --here's the REAL fun part -- trying to translate that to TK's tiling of the city.

with STOCK TODs I might add...GH/GH3 adds all them larger building making it impractical (and virtually impossible) to locate target objects within a city

here ya go...

have at it...

Well this just goes to show my ignorance in modding, but here it goes anyway.

In fact I believe that adding to the Vietnam scenario anything that somewhat resemble's the People's Resistance Park, is one of those details that would greatly add more immersion feeling. (Although Stary's GreenHell already does a lot!)

Some couple years ago, I tried JSF Aggies's great Southwest US for SF2, terrain... and in no time I was editing some specific file (I don't recall which type, right now - was on Notepad I believe), in order to orientate buildings and terrain objects to get the former " Naval Air Station Miramar " more resembling like the real thing - and it got quite satisfactory.

So my question is: you mention those " STOCK TODs and GH/GH3 " stuff, so it means that re-orienting some buildings & objects position in the ground on Vietnam scenario wouldn't be possible like I did, changing some coordinates on Notepad ?

Edited by Boresight

no, it would be easier to actually rebuild "a specific tile" by redoing all the TOD building on it, to create the open space wanted to place the SAM truck.

This means creating (what I call) a "special" tile that's only used for that purpose (3 examples below, all of Hanoi circa 1945. there are at least -as I don't exactly recall- 5 custom specials for just Hanoi)

Will the National Geographic map be included to find it as Jake and his Beenie did ?

CL

if I could find that nat geo map, I would definitely include it!!! :)

edit: I think the actual count of 'specials' for Hanoi is 11 tiles -- the river/city ones, the lake in the middle, the large lake to the n/w, etc