Hi, I'm having problems with these spits not showing any ammo for missions,I have both stock spits installed and working and I installed the AVhistory's gun pak.I tried reinstalling the spits with no luck,Only the Mk.V's are showing ammo in loading screens.How can I fix this?Thanks for any constructive help.

What versions did you install? The PR Mk. XI is a reccon aircraft and it doesn't carry guns. Also, since you're using AVhistory's gun pack, make sure to change the entries in the _data.ini to point to the guns you want to use. For example;

In the Mk. Vb VCS-7

'Spitfire_MkVb_VCS-7_DATA.INI' go to

// Internal Guns --

[LeftGun1]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=WW2_A2A_BR_Browning_303x8 <--------- it should read like this or whatever you named your guns (same for the right side gun).

GunGroup=2

InputName=FIRE_SECONDARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=-2.890,0.76,-0.41

LightPosition= -2.89,0.86,-0.41

AimAngles= 0.715,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=350

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-2.89,-0.04,-0.52

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0

MinExtentPosition=-3.05,-0.13,-0.49

MaxExtentPosition=-3.19, 0.73,-0.33

I don't use the AvHistory gun data but noticed some of the other add-on guns don't have an entry for cartridge weight so you don't get the ammo weight added to the aircraft. Not 100% sure if this is the problem you're having but here is the data for ThirdWires Browning machine guns to show what I mean:

[GunData003]

TypeName=303CAL_BROWNING

FullName=0.303-cal Browning Machinegun

Caliber=7.700000

ROF=600.000000

MuzzleVel=740.000000

AmmoWt=0.011300

WarheadWt=0.000000

CartridgeWt=0.025400//.....................................This entry required for ammo weight to show up on load out screen.

Reliability=97.000000

Accuracy=70.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=3.000000

FireColor=0.120000,0.120000,0.120000

GunFireEffect=LmgFireEffect

GunFireSound=50cal

EffectClassName=LmgEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer.tga

TracerSize=0.120000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

I plan to include some updated gun data for the BoB types at some point but still looking into it.

I have the guns called for in the data.ini, and the problem is with the Mk.1-Mk.2's only they show up but no ammo in load's screen?Even the sf2 gunsare in there.

one of the reasons I only use the 'stock' guns we have ... the only AvHistory items I been using are the engine sounds

Those were the ones called for in the readme file so I added them thinking that was the problem as it stated they would not work properly without them and they're the ones called for in the data.ini,Now maybe I can edit out those guns and add the SF2 ones but is that what was intended to get those to work?These are the ones intended to use the Spitfire9C,E LOD's by 3rdWire only the MK.1's & MK.2's arent showing ammo available.These have been available for awhile shurley someone has run into this?I feel like I'm becoming The WW2 beta tester for SF2! And I know don't call you shurley! :biggrin:

Where are you getting the ammo weight info from to enter if missing?over.

Where are you getting the ammo weight info from to enter if missing?over.

I have been trying to find various cartridge weights on the internet.

I think the cartridge and bullet weigh 22 oz.

WHAT mk.1 are you using? the TMF one we uploaded last year has the correct guns.

can't speak to the mk.II, as I haven't seen it. However, knowing how Nigel did things ... dollars to donuts it's the 3W mk9, with data ini edits to "remove/move" the cannon barrels

if an aircraft is showing NO ammo, it has the wrong guns listed in it's data ini. A simple text edit will take care of that

Edited by Wrench

AAAAAH Sh@##$$%^t,Leave it to me to come up with another head scatcher.Tried swapping guns no dice,Checked the gun editor the cartridge weights are in there! Somone more saavy than me will have to check out.Only difference i see from stock TW Spit9C is the cannon entrys,Nigel put Fire_Secondary_Weapon in there so cannons would'nt fire.IF you dont have a Fire_Secondary_weapon statement programmed to your stick can it cause your ammo/guns not to show up in single mission loading screen? Nigel if your out there please help us out! in the meantime if you professors out there have any helpful suggestions thery're welcome.

Could you post the current gun entries from the aircraft data ini? The cartridge weights are probably the least of your worries at this point, the guns will still work without them.

usafphantom2, one question: did you install the Mk1_19Sqn aircraft? The readme for the other Mk1s states that you'll be missing "important bits" if you haven't. If you have, do this: First-install Wrenchs' WW2 Guns pack, available here: http://combatace.com/files/file/13268-guns-pak-for-ww2-mods-folders/ Second-change the GunTypeName to 303CAL_Browning for all guns. Third-change FIRE_SECONDARY_GUN to read FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN for all guns. I've done this for the Mk1_19Sqn and the Mk1_54Sqn so far and they work perfectly. Remember, it's easier to change a couple of lines in a Data ini than to have multiple weapon or gun types; this way your install is standardized with everyone elses-much easier for someone else to figure out your problem if you're using the same guns, weapons, NationNames, and whatever as they are. baffmeister, the Browning in the Gun pack above has an AmmoWt entry; it seems interchangable with CartridgeWt (they both result in a Weight entry in the loadout screen) but I think your figure of 0.025400 must be closer to reality; it results in a Full Load weight of 250Lbs vs 160. Considering that the full load is 2800 rounds, even that seems light.

post-75584-0-29351100-1363409890_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-50252300-1363409953.pngpost-75584-0-42554900-1363409989_thumb.pngYeah I tried that like Wrench suggested but no dice,Spitfire Mk.IIA loadout uses the Mk.1.Changed all like you said but still no ammo for missions.Even reinstalled them and tried. I already had Wrenchs guns installed, only installed the AVHistory guns cause readme said I needed them to work.So I have both in my guns file. Edited by usafphantom2

umm... what do the system entries look like for the right and left wings, inner and outer? I"ll be they don't match the gun entries show above

cause honestly, NOBODY uses ***Gun0. They ALWAYS start with ***Gun1 or 01. Look at the TMF Mk.1 and STOCK mk 9. you'll see what I mean

and why use the 'secondary' trigger -- which the fraking AI still DON'T use, btw -- when you can simply use GunGroup= (if really trying to be historical) or swicth ALL the MGs to "Fire_Primary_Gun"

phantom, I don't see where you've changed any thing; the Gun entries should look like this:

[RightGun0]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=303CAL_Browning

GunGroup=2

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=2.050,0.76,-0.52

LightPosition= 2.050,0.88,-0.52

AimAngles= 0.715,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=350

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=2.05,-0.04,-0.59

MinExtentPosition=3.05,-0.13,-0.49

MaxExtentPosition=3.19, 0.73,-0.33

[LeftGun0]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunGroup=2

MuzzlePosition=-2.050,0.76,-0.52

LightPosition= -2.05,0.88,-0.52

AimAngles= 0.715,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=350

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-2.05,-0.04,-0.59

,etc. The Loadout ini doesn't affect internal guns. Here's screens of my Loadout page:

phantom, I don't see where you've changed any thing; the Gun entries should look like this:

[RightGun0]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunGroup=2

MuzzlePosition=2.050,0.76,-0.52

LightPosition= 2.050,0.88,-0.52

AimAngles= 0.715,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=350

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=2.05,-0.04,-0.59

MinExtentPosition=3.05,-0.13,-0.49

MaxExtentPosition=3.19, 0.73,-0.33

[LeftGun0]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunGroup=2

MuzzlePosition=-2.050,0.76,-0.52

LightPosition= -2.05,0.88,-0.52

AimAngles= 0.715,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=350

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-2.05,-0.04,-0.59

,etc. The Loadout ini doesn't affect internal guns. Here's screens of my Loadout page:

Except for [xxxGun0] doesn't exist as Wrench pointed out. It should be xxxGun1, 2, 3, etc.

I just downloaded and installed the Mk. I from ndicky's and that was the only edit I did. Oh, and changed "InputName=FIRE_SECONDARY_GUN" to "InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN" and it works perfectly.

And btw, guns don't go in the loadout.ini.

Except for [xxxGun0] doesn't exist as Wrench pointed out. It should be xxxGun1, 2, 3, etc.

I just downloaded and installed the Mk. I from ndicky's and that was the only edit I did. Oh, and changed "InputName=FIRE_SECONDARY_GUN" to "InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN" and it works perfectly.

And btw, guns don't go in the loadout.ini.

Wrench didn't say they don't exist; he merely said no-one uses Gun0, for some reason Ndicky did, the left and right System Files do match and all eight guns fire properly with the above entries. The last statement of my post said The loadout ini doesn't affect internal guns; phantom had posted a picture of his and I wanted to make sure he knew it didn't enter into it.

theorreticlly, you CAN start numbering from 0; just nobody does it, as I said. As long as the SystemName= entry mateches the ]GunXXX[ name entry in the guns statements, it should work.

unless Nigel was trying to do something different...???

I guess I'm gonna have to download the damn thing and see what's what ...

I notice noone posted the wing System entries...

OK

here's the data in for the Mk.1, 1938 No.19 Squadron Spit (honetsly, I don't know why he broke things down like he did -- it would be an EXCEEDINLY simple matter to reuse his existing decals, and make any new ones needed for this pre-war version for the TMF Mk.1 -- HOWEVER!!! these early produciton Spits had the 2-bladed Rotol, not the 3 bladed)

All guns have been corrected,= useing standared 303s

'hardpoint' removed,

engine sound the AvHistory merlin

mission tasking limited to CAP, INTERCEPT, SWEEP (NOT hisorically accurate ! they ain't got no legs for that)

the major issuse, along with the use of the "Fire_Secondary_Gun" tag, was they were all taged GunGroup=2

You can't have a 2nd group withOUT a 1st one!!

not to put the man down, he skins with the best, but his ini dancing...

if you all REALLY want a pre-war version, give me a couple of hours, and you'll have it useing the TMF one -- which, other than the wrong prop, is at least the right physical model.

Edited by Wrench

Thanks Again Guys that really helped out,All Mk.1's and 2's are flyable with ammo.Supgen i did change the entry's in the data.ini's but i musta missed something cause it did'nt work so i put back the originals and sumitted them as the problem.Now anybody have any ideas why his Mk.16e isnt showing up in my single mission screens?I checked the data.ini against the Stock Mk.9e and they look the same and the stock 9E shows up!Wrench thanks for going thru the trouble of rewriting that part of the file,Damn nice of you I must say. :biggrin: Thank you all for your Help!

did you add the cockpit folder and cockpit ini, like the readme said? It dosne't come with the pit in the package

and when it you get it working, let me know if you have the decal oddness with the fueselage roundel ... can't figure out if it's a Lod problem or the individual letter codes tga issue

Yes that was it,I gotta quit messing around with this late at night! And yes if you mean the flickering roundel on the fuselage very weird effect.Thanks for your help!Question i dont know if anybody's noticed planes flying with a static prop,But I have, any idea's why they do that sometimes?Not the one i'm flying.Others.