OldSimmer

Just Ordered BH&H

OldSimmer here.

Used to hang out here long before B&HH was released. I still have the "Phase 2" DVD "beta". Unfortunately, I can't remember how to install it! If I could remember how to install it, I'd get it up and running while I wait for BH&H.

Anyway... after a long absence from flying sims, I'm looking forward to flying some WW1 airplanes in B&HH. Doubt seriously I'll survive very long... but hey... there's a reset button, right???

Cheer-o lads!

OldSimmer

• Like 2

you will need phase3 in order to use bhand h its an addon for that installonly

you will need phase3 in order to use bhand h its an addon for that installonly

Between Heaven & Hell is the official name for "Phase 3". He has ordered correctly. He'll probably want the "Hat in the Ring" expansion very soon afterwards though. Lots of great additions and improvements in HitR.

Welcome to the meat grinder.

Hey, I remember your striking face well, OldSimmer - nice to see you back!

If you want the best experience, you should also get "Hat in the Ring!", cause with that

came a Super-Patch and Final Patch, which changed the AI behaviour even greater!

Best you check the install sequence at www.overflandersfields.com

It is a great step from Phase 2 - and you're right: you won't survive it!

Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!!

Jaysus! I nearly had heart failure! I first thought you said you'd purchased WOOF. Now I'm merely heart-broken. Well, what's another two weeks?

An advantage at our age is: two weeks go by like "whoosh!".

:wheelchair:

A clear disadvantage is: I always keep forgetting that I am still only waiting within these two weeks... :crazy:

An advantage at our age is: two weeks go by like "whoosh!".

:wheelchair:

A clear disadvantage is: I always keep forgetting that I am still only waiting within these two weeks... :crazy:

My only concern is that if I die before it is released, how do I get it sent to whereever my spirit lies??

Robert, your spirit will not lie at any specific place - it will be able to be everywhere.

So you will find the sim. You won't have the limitation to sit outside the action behind

a screen - you will be able to fly any of those aircraft. Now that should be fun!

Robert, your spirit will not lie at any specific place - it will be able to be everywhere.

So you will find the sim. You won't have the limitation to sit outside the action behind

a screen - you will be able to fly any of those aircraft. Now that should be fun!

OOOO!! Do you suppose I could actually hang out right behind all those devs, and get a look at WOFF first hand before the release????

What an incentive!!!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! I COULD get up and flying again IF I could remember how to install Phase 2. (There are no instructions in/on the DVD.)

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Installed CFS3. (It works fine and functions well with my joystick.)

2. Downloaded the CFS3 patches. (Which one to apply first? ACUpdate.exe or CFS3updateEng.exe?)

After the above patches are installed, I think it's time to install OFF Phase 2... but how? Which exe do I run first?

Any help would be appreciated!

OldSimmer

Anyway... after a long absence from flying sims, I'm looking forward to flying some WW1 airplanes in B&HH. Doubt seriously I'll survive very long... but hey... there's a reset button, right???

Welcome, OldSimmer. When you get BH&H installed (Hat in the Ring is worth getting as well), give the OFFice incomparable campaign engine for OFF a go as well. Adds tons of new features; no 'reset button' but at least with OFFice when you die you can at least continue on in your squadron with your same squadmates. Lots of other stuff designed to make the experience better for 'rookies' whether y're OldSimmers or YoungSimmers.

Between Heaven & Hell is the official name for "Phase 3". He has ordered correctly. He'll probably want the "Hat in the Ring" expansion very soon afterwards though. Lots of great additions and improvements in HitR.

Welcome to the meat grinder.

yeah relize that after i posted my bad

Hi shredward:

I found that forum/thread after my little whining post above! I've already accomplished all of the installation steps EXCEPT...

Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty with the "MSSTDFMT.dll" file. I don't have the "MSSTDFMT INSTALLER.zip" on my Phase 2 DVD. So, I tried copying the required dll from my old C: drive now F: drive, into my new C: drive (where CFS3 and Phase 2 are now installed). Copied from the System to System folder and System32 to System32 folder. No go.

Did a Google for the called-for msst file. A few places had a download available... but I am very wary to download from the sites that appeared in Google.

If you all have some suggestions for the missing/needed msst file... I'm all ears.

I'm stumped by this msst dll file for sure.

Oh well... I think I hear Call Of Duty 2 hollering at me... I need to go out to the desert campaign and help the British fight off Rommel's hoards!

Cheer-o lads!

Edited by OldSimmer

OOOO!! Do you suppose I could actually hang out right behind all those devs, and get a look at WOFF first hand before the release????

...if you passed away within these two weeks...

OldSimmer, forget about Phase 2, do yourself a favour and get yourself "Between Heaven and Hell"

plus "Hat in the Ring!", and you should have a big adventure.

All together costs only 29,98 $ if I calculated it correct.

"Call of Duty"... Huh! Did I mistake your avatar for a pilot? Tch!!!

Hi again Olham!

I've already ordered/purchased BH&H and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Thought I would install Phase 2 in the meantime.

Will BH&H require that missing msst dll file, too? If so, I'm seriously screwed.

"Call of Duty"... ah well... not a huge fan... just a lark. What can I say?

I also fly Pacific Fighters, some... does that help redeem me?

:D

OldSimmer

Will BH&H require that missing msst dll file, too? If so, I'm seriously screwed.

All BH&H requires will be CFS3 patched to 3.1 or so; plus the OFF patches (see: www.overflandersfields.com).

I also fly Pacific Fighters, some... does that help redeem me?

Ahem - is that my drink over there? Oh, thanks! Well I think it does. :grin: