usafphantom2

3D models how do you bring them to life in SF2?

I found some freeware 3d models online-vehicles,ships What else beyond an ini file and a data.ini do i need to get the game to use?maybe some only static. Thanks! they were done in 3dmax.

Well, you need 3ds MAX 7, 9 or 2009 (32-bit), and the appropriate Thirdwire exporter (available at Thirdwire).

FC

OK great I dont have the right version of windows to run it and microsoft has received all it's getting from me! So I have these freeware 3D objects-vehicles,ships,ww2planes not many of each but if anyone wants i'll send to you they were done in 3Dmax I belive. :biggrin:

I'd like to see what you have in ships, I don't know how much damage I can do but it'd be interesting just the same.

bbtbmb((at))gmaildotcom

You can run the 32bit version of 3dsmax on a 64bit windows. For me it works just fine.

You can run the 32bit version of 3dsmax on a 64bit windows. For me it works just fine.

same here

been doing it at our studio for ages, works without problems :ok:

If the 3d models are the same one's that a post here at CA lead me to, I put a few into Max for a look. I found that some are very lo poly (F-20) and some are very,very high poly (M-38 jeep, just the rear tires are over 14,000 poly's).I tried to export the jeep and it crashed Max. I'm going to look at some of the other 3d's when I git time. And Max 9 run's very well in 32bit XP Pro.

I just started with Brain32 to bring different 3d models into Game (Buildings vehicles etc.)...

• Like 2