33LIMA

Plane requests

THAT's what I'm talkin' bout!!

Great job, quack!!! looks perfect!!!

sorry for the low quatity, the original image is 128x, so i had to blow it up a bit ... this is the af20 depot building i was talking about

Edited by Wrench

If you are planning to add rail yards to Cambrai, Verdun or Vogesen maps, please wait a little, because I'm going to upload the Armchair Aces update very soon. I have add a lot of field guns and machine gun nests to these maps. You can add the rail yards after that (and maybe even add more artillery, the most boring work in the world)!!!

Bump - now that we may not be too far off from Stephen's unrivalled modding talents returning to Terra Firma, can I suggest that the the Most Needed Planes for First Eagles are as follows - based on filling significant gaps in the 1916-18 planeset, which is a more profitable field than forays into the era of carbines and automatic pistols - would be the following:

British   - BE2 (need a 1916-17 configuration with no skid undercart and a sump cowl  - can be a 2c as well as a 2e as none of the A team variants cover a 1916-17 configuration)

- AW FK8

French - Farman F40 (need a 1916 2-seater to complement the less common Nieu.12)

- Dorand AR (need a 1917 2-seater to complement the Strutter and the later Br.14)

German - some type of general-purpose 2-seater that is a genuine 1918 type like the LVG CVI or Halberstadt CV; my ideal would be two - a Rumpler CIV (spinner-less version so as not to be a DFW look-alike) which could be given mainly recce duties and cover the 1917-19 period nicely; and the LVG CVI (as in the beautiful Shuttleworth rebuild, the CV served from an earlier date but looks a bit too like the DFW) as a more general-purpose, true 1918 type.

Will have a dig about for drawings and sources.

And yes it's be nice to have Albatros B types and all the rest but for various cogent reasons there's just less mileage in the 1914-15 air war. There's a reason somebody on the RoF forums suggested recently and with commendable logic that the RoF planeset should aim to cover the air war from about Autumn 1916. FE can already do better but there wasn't really an air war until mid-1915 and it only really took on the form FE suits best with the appearance of the Jastas or thereabouts.

I can't argue with any of your choices as they are all gaps that need filling and are excellent choices 33Lima I would add the Caudron G3 and G4 for no reason other than I like them. :wink:

Well, we all have our own wishlist and preferences.......but at the end of the day we'll have whatever the modders have in his wishlist, so please, stop to burn Stephen. I know He's so good in his work it seems to be very easy......It doesn't! He spend a lot of his free time to bring us a lot of wonderful mods and each time he finish a mod, people are crying for more!

Relax, enjoy the game and all the new toys. You'll eventually have a lot of yor wished planes (I like all of them and are in my own wishlist too). Give poor Stephen a break before he gets frustrated!  :deadhorse:

• Like 1

What I'd like to see:

Handley Page O/100

Armstrong Whitworth FK.8

Sopwith Dolphin

Bristol Scout

Felixtow Flying Boats

Caudron G.III

Caudron G.IV

Pfalz D.XII

Pfalz D.III

AEG G.IV

Gotha Bombers

Fokker D.VI

Hansa W series

Junkers D.I

Jumkers J.I

Lohner L.I

Siemens-Schuckert D.IV

Macchi Flying Boats

I know it's a big list but I can but dream :) . Also I'm aware that a lot are on the A-Teams website but they are less than forth coming with membership (I have asked a couple of times and even offer to pay for aircraft with no joy :(

Well, we all have our own wishlist and preferences.......but at the end of the day we'll have whatever the modders have in his wishlist, so please, stop to burn Stephen. I know He's so good in his work it seems to be very easy......It doesn't! He spend a lot of his free time to bring us a lot of wonderful mods and each time he finish a mod, people are crying for more!

Relax, enjoy the game and all the new toys. You'll eventually have a lot of yor wished planes (I like all of them and are in my own wishlist too). Give poor Stephen a break before he gets frustrated!  :deadhorse:

To be fair, Ojcar, Stephen actually posted earlier in this thread that he welcomes this sort of feedback. If I thought for a moment he'd get frustrated I'd have stopped long ago!

I know , I know. You are a good man, only a little over enthusiastic. My point is, at this very moment, Stephen is working in the BE2, so it makes no sense to keep asking for it. He knows all of us are waiting for it, but He will not work faster because we ask for the BE2 one time a week.

Well, it's flattering to be wanted. But it does get frustrating when I see long lists of "here's what I want." I'm simply not going to be able to get to them all. Priority is going to the people who have been helpful to me. As I said before, if you really want your plane, help me do the research.

Right now I'm looking for photos of the cockpit of the RAF BE2c. I've spent days searching the internet and only turned up one or two photos. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Errrr........Stephen, wait a little and check PMs  :wink:

• Like 1

Stephen1918,

This is not another "I Want" request. Just wanted to say that whenever I see an announcement of another of your beautifully done models newly available for download, I feel like a young kid on Christmas morning!

Thank you very much for your considerable contributions. Ojcar, thank you also for helping to bring these great new models into the game!

• Like 3

Stephen planes are as good as stock planes and i will enjoy any plane he releases so it doesn't matter what's next on his list cause it will be really good.

• Like 2

Well, it's flattering to be wanted. But it does get frustrating when I see long lists of "here's what I want." I'm simply not going to be able to get to them all. Priority is going to the people who have been helpful to me. As I said before, if you really want your plane, help me do the research.

Right now I'm looking for photos of the cockpit of the RAF BE2c. I've spent days searching the internet and only turned up one or two photos. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

PM sent. Second to follow.

Edit - second one sent just now.

Edited by 33LIMA
  • Like 1

Half of those planes are available Spiteful21.

www.cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1

Flight models and skins are available here at combatace.

Stephen, I for one have been very much enjoying what you have done, you are a true master.

Hi Quack74, As I was saying I have been trying to get a log on for A-team, without so much as a reply. I understand why they have gone this way, and that it's their choice, but it's a little like "look what I have and you can't" :( . I am perfectly willing to make a donation to them but no joys sadly.

Edited by spiteful21

Some time Capun takes a while before he gets back to you over at the A-Team site.  Just hang in there some more.

Stephen, I for one have been very much enjoying what you have done, you are a true master.

Hi Quack74, As I was saying I have been trying to get a log on for A-team, without so much as a reply. I understand why they have gone this way, and that it's their choice, but it's a little like "look what I have and you can't" :( . I am perfectly willing to make a donation to them but no joys sadly.

The A Team registration requirements are distinctive; I remember was rather confused looking at all those WW1 planes but no means to download, until I noticed that the real D/L page only became accessible after registration. With tact and patience it shouldn't be an issue. The need to email to register probably just means it's vulnerable to how busy Capun is at the time, like Panama Red says. It's a great resource and well worth the wait, just make sure to observe the 'one at a time' limits carefully; again, 'Patience, Grasshopper!'