Sign in to follow this  
rjw

what Jasta are these DV's from

I just flew a mission from my base in Leffrinckocke to Calais and ran into two flights of DV's over calais. Both showed as Jasta 18 with labels on but I can't seem to locate the skin in OFF for either of them. Could use some help to identify what skin they are from.

Best Regards;

post-52329-0-85003400-1363742412.jpg

post-52329-0-31586400-1363742446.jpg

The first one is a D.III (OAW) and indeed belongs to Jasta 18 by it's colour scheme (Prussian Blue fuselage-Red nose)

and specifically to ace pilot Johannes Klein (white band aft cockpit).

The second one (D.V) seems to be from Jasta 36...

Edited by elephant

The first one is, as elephant said, a D.III OAW from Jasta 18.

This one with white fuselage band is the craft of Johannes Klein.

Klein survived the war; he had confirmed 16 victories.

For the D.V I found the same as elephant - a standard Jasta 36 craft.

Thanks folks, for your educated explanation! Unfortunately your reply raises another question. The second aircraft you say is Jasta 36, actually showed as "Jasta 18" when I had labels turned on, unfortunately I turned labels off when I did the screen capture so I can't prove it to you now. I guess this could be some kind of strange error or I am totally mistaken. I don't suspect the later, as I had stopped flight each time I downed an aircraft so I could record the lat, lon, time, and aircraft specs from the label display. I turn on labels to confirm and assist my identification as I am not skilled enough yet to rely on my recognition only.

It's no wonder I couldn't find the skins in the skins folder, as I was looking for Jasta 18 DV's.

The "mission.xml" confirms that "Klein" was in the Jasta 18 flight of DIII(OAW). It also confirms that Jasta 36 had 4 DV's launched (which I downed and recorded as Jasta 18 based on the in flight labels).

Thanks a lot for your response, it is appreciated. I will be paying more attention in future to see if this happens again.

I

Robert, I guess you saw what you saw - it is a known point, that sometimes default skins of other Jasta

are getting used, when the Labels say something else.

If you want to browse through the skins and really see them while browsing, I recommend the freeware

"Irfanview", which you can download here:

http://www.irfanview.de/

You just install it and click on "Open", then browse to the right folder, and open any skin.

After that you can use arrows left and right; or you browse for another. Enjoy!

Edited by Olham

Robert, I guess you saw what you saw - it is a known point, that sometimes default skins of other Jasta

are getting used, when the Labels say something else.

That's good to know. I thought that maybe I was suffering from early Alsheimers!!

If you want to browse through the skins and really see them while browsing, I recommend the freeware

"Irfanview", which you can download here:

http://www.irfanview.de/

You just install it and click on "Open", then browse to the right folder, and open any skin.

After that you can use arrows left and right; or you browse for another. Enjoy!

Thanks OLham;

You gave me that advice before regarding IRFANVIEW, and I do use it. Thanks again!

That's good to know. I thought that maybe I was suffering from early Alsheimers!!

No danger there, Robert - if you would, you would have forgotten! :crazy: