Wrench

SF2 USAF/NATO/Western Cargo Planes by Veltro2K

-For SF2, Any and All-

This is a re-release of these aircraft, as some have stated a desire to have them again.

This pak includes all my reskins, decals, ini tweeks,etc, from the various "upgrade paks" I'd

released before the aircraft were disappeared.

This pak contains =ONLY= those aircraft used by the USAF, our Allies and other NATO powers. The

Soviet/Warsaw Pact transports are someplace else....

Included in this pack are:

C-141A Starlifer

C-141B Starlifter

C-5A Galaxy

C-17 Globemaster III

G-222 Spartan (called such in USAF service)

Some may be more complete than others, with regards to decals and such. Some are fairly

'untouched', and will need further decaling, etc. Some hangar and loading screens are NOT in

SF2 format, and will need redoing (meaning: I never got around to them!).

All the original readmes from the Upgrade Paks (I could find!) are included within this main

folder. I'd reccomend reading them, just for fun!

Skin and some decal templates (again, when I could find them!) are included. The decal template

is for the "ttag" decal, that is for USAF AMC usage.

This pak is quite large, as the skins remain in their bmp format. You can convert to jpg at you

convience.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. PLEASE read

them!!! PLEASE read the "Notes" section for other important notations. Also, the Legal

Statement has been changed with regards to these aircraft.

For those that still have the original releases, you may not need to reapply this package. But,

to be safe, PLEASE check over your aircraft to be sure. Thank You :).

**These aircraft herein are re-released in "AS IS" Condition. There are/may be some issues with

the LODs that may not/cannot be resolved. Any and all issues/problems that cannot be

solved via ini edits will exist forever, as new models are unlikely to be created. For now.**

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

*note: C-5 Galaxy not shown in attached screenshots*

Is anyone working on the airbus A400M?

Thanks a bunch. I'll give the data files a once over, get the countermeasures systems right as far as the game handles them. :) I'll post the changes when I'm done.

Double post, but here are my notes, in brief:

C-141A: Delete the jammer and countermeasures dispensers, the shorty Starlifters never had them as far as I could find. The version in here only comes with the USAF gray scheme, but this one really belongs in MAC white-over-gray, or even natural metal. I also found a strange one pictured at RAF Mildenhall that looked like it had been painted with MOD Eagle colors, which would be nice to see.

C-141B: Make a copy of the aircraft to use for the SOLL II version, then delete the jammer and countermeasures. Like the A, it only comes with the AMC gray scheme right now, it *needs* the MAC white-over-gray and Euro-1 scheme as it's much more familiar in those colors. :)

C-141B SOLL II: Beyond the countermeasures edits, it needs some work done to represent its low-altitude mission focus, This is the only one of the lot that actually has defensive systems, and I haven't found a complete listing of those just yet. From the description at airvectors, the full suite is similar to that of the C-130, with at least six banks of dispensers (either side of nose, main gear sponsons, under the wings). This version only comes in gray, but it should have proper unit markings. :) I was first introduced in 1994.

C-141C: Another all-gray version, this is basically a C-141B with a glass cockpit that was introduced during the 1990s to get a little more life out of the existing fleet. Unless people really enjoy flying cargo flights, this one is not really neccessary for us, it's more an FSX project. :)

C-5A: Make a copy, remove the dispensers, skin it with MAC gray-over-white and Euro 1 (or mix them up - there was an interesting story in the Squadron book C-5 Galaxy in Action about that...), and it's pretty much done. :)

C-5B: Here's a bit of a conundrum. PACER SNOW was the codename for the project that added self-defense capabilities to the C-5, but sources disagree about the extent of it - were only a couple of aircraft modded, or all C-5Bs? I've seen a bunch of pictures which suggest aircraft fitted "for, but not with" the under-nose dispensers (basically it's two faint raised rectangles, one left and one right, on the bottom of the visor); but I haven't been able to find out if there were any further dispensers added. With an aircraft that big, there almost *should* be, wouldn't you think?

C-17A: As accurate as it gets right now without a new LOD. I haven't found any word one way or the other regarding whether it carries any EM jammers, all I can find is info on the LAIRCM system which can't be modeled by the game anyway. :(

Transall and Spartan: I'll look at these later.

Cheers!

the 141A and 141B are (essentially) the same aircraft -- they use the same lod, so swapping the MAC white/grey skin should do the trick!

thanks for the updates!

feel free to post the whole data inis when you done!!

Still doing research, not on the right computer for doing trial and error right now. I've posted a question regarding the distribution of dispensers on the SOLL II and PACER SNOW aircraft to Aircraftresourcecenter, hope someone can help me sort things out. In the mean time... Texture work and me do not mix, I can't work 2D graphics software worth a damn, hence my focusing on doing less cosmetic mods. :) I'll stick to doing stuff I can fix with a text editor for now. Maybe, maybe, I'll sit down and actually make new models, I have the software and the time, just need to find the energy. More notes:

C-27J Spartan: Comes in two versions more or less - one has no dispensers at all, the other has one to either side of the nose, two in each spoonson, one under each wingtip, and four in the tail, for a total of twelve. I'm going to *assume* that this is an either/or solution, so I'll try to make a list of nations seen operating one or the other for future use.

C-160 Transall: As above, seems to either have all the countermeasures, or none. When fully loaded up, has ten dispensers under each wing in a pod, four on either side of the upper fuselage in scab-on pods that fire across rather than outwards, and four in each sponson. That's 36 dispensers total, and is going to look awesome when fired,

By the way, do external countermeasures pods work properly in the game, or do you need to code them in as part of the airframe?

no, external pods work just fine ... you just need a hardpoint to attach it to.

iirc, Florian did the Transal; don't remember if it was for SF (1stGen) or SF2

the G-222 may need to be splilt into the G222 and C-27J. I was just lazy

Trall was SF2.

But was has it to do with this pack (also the C-130)???

Edited by Soulfreak

One of the reasons this pack was reposted was because yours truly started digging around in the data files for the C-5 and C-17 - as well as several of the other transports. I've just been using this as a convenient place to post my findings. I should probably move the discussion back to the mod forum, though...

When i get my internet back up and running will get working a Euro 1 skin running tho honestly it will be fairly generic. There is a Mac white over grey in NF5(?) And ODS also i think. also of interest and will be doing to get a feel for Veltro s skins (as well as to try outPS touch) was 1 bird trialed in Mask10. Didnt work out well aand was changed to Euro 1 at next depo maint few years later. Was pretty sure there was an AMC grey skin for the Starlifter too but cant download right now from phone or at school

• Like 1

Just noticed while looking through the readmes that Wrench got my name wrong in the credits - it's Sebastian, not Stephan. ;)

I've gotten some PMs about making further changes to the aircraft, but that would require new meshes entirely since the old max files are gone according to Veltro2K. I'll *try* making some new ones, but all my modeling experience is in Lightwave 3D so I'm not making any promises. The basic shapes aren't very complicated, but stuff like flight control surfaces and landing gear might defeat me.

Cheers for now!

I'm sorry!!!!

I must have been thinking of Stephan1918 in the FE forums, as he'd given me some cargo ships for my WW2 terrain work

my SINCEREST!!! apologies!!

No problem, it's very minor. Sort of like my contribution, actually...

I spent several hours tonight working on updating some nuclear bombs I found in an SF1 weapons pack, and was writing up an announcement for them - and then I discovered that all of them were already in the Ordnance Shop II package... the only *new* thing I'd done was add Lexx's effects to them. LOL.

By the way, while you're re-uploading stuff anyway, you wouldn't happen to have Veltro's Mirage IV for SF1 somewhere? I found the thread and the upload announcement, but the file is once again nowhere to be found.

(What's the story on the "purge" anyway? I gather a bunch of stuff was lost, but was it maliciously deleted or what?)

for weapons ALWAYS chek the SF2 downloads section first; lots of really smart, really good people have done some amazing work!

don't have the Mirage, and i'm missing the Tu-126 Moss, too. I thought I'd downloaded everything, but apparently missed SEVERAL items!

as to The Purge, it was an "internal matter", and the details are 'classified' <wink>

Hi there...

I have the original Mirage IVA file from my old SF1 library, that bird needs a lot of work as so many things needs to be fixed.

I made some modifications on it trying to make it fly with its original engines, took those info from Wikipedia, I also fixed its fuel tank problems, but still the FM is not good, I didn't know how to fix it,

I also hope someone could make all the variants, the IVM, IVP, and the recce variant.

I have never uploaded a file before, if someone could show me how, I will gladly upload the file.

Edited by Dagger1