As part of my ongoing struggle to get my sim tweaked the way i want it i present the following dilemna. Due to the opacity of the cockpit glass in my A6 cockpit I am removing the glass altogether.Using the following entries I was successful in removing the front glass, but the side glass panels remain. I am using the TH2GO so the side panels are super visible.

I am using SF2 Vietnam.

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_front <------------------THIS WORKS

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_left <--------------THIS DOES NOT WORK, WHAT WOULD THE SIDE LEFT PANEL BE CALLED?

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_right <--------------THIS DOES NOT WORK, WHAT WOULD THE RIGHT PANEL BE CALLED?

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

Here is the image, note the front glass is now gone, but the sides remain. Although not super dark, for me it does detract from the vibrancy of the outside world. Thanks in advance.

post-83386-0-25303200-1363821637_thumb.jpg

one of the advantages of having the 1stGen Intruder cockpit bits extracted, SAFELY stored, and available for examination by hex editor

this is what I found:

canopy_glass_sides

canopy_grass_rear (if you need that one too!

Thanks for the swift response! I was sure that was going to work, but the other glass panels are still there...any ideas?

Here are the entries:

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_front

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_sides

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass_rear

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

Each part must have a different name.

Instrument[XXX]=Move1

Instrument[XXX]=Move2

Instrument[XXX]=Move3

XXX next number in sequence

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move2]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move3]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-100

Set[02].Value=1.0

yes, must be sequential numbers!! (hey, I've done it too!! :biggrin: )

When adding the above corrections, the left hand side glass panel when i pan all the way to the left is now gone, but the rest is still there. This is only conjecture but could the author of my A6 cockpit have composed the front panel of more than one piece? It is after all an A6 with the multiple canopy components. Any more ideas guys its the last thing in my way?

is this the Razbam pit, or the 3rd Wire???

I only "looked" into the stock one...

Edited by Wrench

I don't think it's either. I downloaded it from CA. The RAR is called 21894COCKPIT. I can't find it now on the site though!

what the name of the lod? A-6A_Pit.lod?

if so, that's the stock 3W one. Prolly why it was removed (copyrights and all that)

My pit came with the air ground war expansion (4 parts) which made the a6 flyable. I updated with the jan2012 update for sf2 vietnam. I then added migbusters ccip mod, which i now cant do without although it made the glass cockpit dark. I have the "A6Cockpit.LOD"

What are the textures? I know Wrench is of course knocking it out but sometimes just editing the textures for the glass is a lot easier than trying to remove it...

• Like 1

changing the opacity of the tga ...??? I've had some luck with that (but not a whole lot!) Usually wind up with complely black windows, cause I always to the wrong way first! (of course, it DO keep the heat down in desert countires!)

not even sure where that's located, usually in the objectdata.cat where the pit lod is located. But since SF2 don't carry a flyable Intruder...I'm looking at the SF1 version. Oddly, there's no callou in the Lod for canopy tgas of any kind!!!

that's some seriously strange s**t!!

Edited by Wrench

Well then.... that is very odd...

Some more developments. I think Migbuster holds the key here. When I installed his DIANEesque CCIP bombing mod it altered the cockpit of my A6. upon reading the cockpit data file that came along with the mod it had the right yaw value set at 62 when the pan left value was 152. In game this prohibited me from panning right (logically enough). I altered the yaw value to 152 for both directions and it allowed me to pan full right. The trouble then was my B/N became visible upon full pan right and he was outside the aircraft. I solved this with the help of wrench and Fubars Opencockpit parameter.

The tinted cockpit glass then disappeared from the pan left side, ostensibly because the canopy panel was only big enough to cover a pan radius so big...hence why the author had one of the yaw values set to prohibit a full right pan.

I need to ask Migbuster, how he named the panels and what I need to do to get them removed. The move canopy_glass_front worked but still left the side panels. Wrench picked apart the info from the original WOV Lod but those entries unfortunately didn't help, as Migbuster probably named them something else.

Addendum...I know I'm just dropping his CCIP mod into my existing A6 folder with its respective cockpit components but why would it change the tint of the glass? And if it does, then there should be a way to reverse engineer it. I've messaged Migbuster so wait and see.

Hi all, the problem has been addressed. Just enter this into your cockpit.ini file for the respective aircraft should you want rid of any canopy tinting. Thanks Wrench for cluing me in regarding what the different canopy aspects were called.

Instrument[046]=Reflection1

Instrument[047]=Reflection2

Instrument[048]=Reflection3

//Check numbering sequence

// and add this to the end

[Reflection1]

Type=REFLECTION

[Reflection2]

Type=REFLECTION

[Reflection3]

Type=REFLECTION

//Gives nice clear windows

Well done for sorting it.

The DIANE substitute comes with its own A-6A_cockpit.ini for the 2009 stock A-6A - you should see that there is a comment at the top of the file

//only [GunsightFront] section is changed

So any issues - you would just want to alter that section only in your existing cockpit.ini file.

Hi guys,

I have a question about the clearance of canopy glass. How do I get rid of tint canopy glass in F-16s? Thanks a lot.