Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

PLAAF markings for Chinese civil war?

Wondering If anyone have the markings for Communist Air Force between 1946 and 1950, I think they used a different marking than the modern one, but can find it

Thanks.

Dispite rumors about massive soviet aid, which served as a excuse for the kuomintang of their failure, the PLAAF knew little airpower at the time, the aircrafts they got were concentrated in the Communist Aviation School in northeast China, or the Northeast Old Flight School as called in Chinese, the a/c are mainly old Japanese planes, but they did get few planes like Ki-45 or Ki-84, but gerenally speaking, its a tiny training force, attacked by the kuomintang airforce several times but survived and thrived.

Later more kuomintang operated US, British, and Canadian A/C were captured uring the war and that led to the air parade on October 1st, 1949.

in 1949 the modern patten of insignia was already in use, but at the aviation school time, its`s different, at times they even use kuomintang insignia to confuse enemy, but after the kuomintang attacks this kind of "camo" was dismissed, naturally.

Reference here http://www.afwing.co...plaaf/plaaf.htm

They got template for all these on simmerpaintshop if my memorie works, with insignia from other countries.

Further questions, like translation, feel free to contact me~

Regards

Edited by fallout3