Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ok said goodbye to SimHQ

Here is what I said:

Well people it is time to go on to bigger and better things. With CombatACE kicking off I am going to focus being over their. It has its own forum, you can upload with ease and I am part of the staff there. My intention is to make CombatACE the place to go for SF stuff along with C5's site. If you notice there is a wealth of old SF heads who have left already and or rarely post here. If you want to know whats what, then y'all SF fans will have to move over to CombatACE. Not taking away from SimHq. It has been good to me and all of us. But with CombatACE we modders and SF Fans have a sense of ownership over there. Hell you can even post a pic without having to worry if it is going to delete it. :p So that is where I stand. I have talked to people like Fubar and 531 Ghost and agree it is time to move on. C5 has his site and I am over there all the time. You want news on SF then you need to go to CombatACE. You want to just BS, go to CombatACE. To get it going we and YOU need to be over there. All my projects, downloads and announcements about D/Ls will be there will be there from now on. So will many others. So the rest is up to you and how loyal you are to SF and the modders.

I may be back time to time but who knows. So take care all and thanks to Simhq, its been a great ride.

:victory:

SHQ just isn't what it used to be. By that I mean pre-9/11. That was the heyday for me, although forums like SFP1 hit their stride after the anti-Wallyworld people gave up and the mods started rolling in post SP1.

Before 9/11, it was never contentious there. Locked threads were quite rare. Only Siggi. :)

I think Crash giving up the site was the beginning of the real decline, as the succession of new owners and admins/mods never seemed "at home" with their roles.

I guess SHQ has become the new Combatsim and CA will be the new SHQ? :biggrin:

The Jedi Master

Well I hope CombatACE can draw that crowd. Word of mouth is the big driver.

Well I hope CombatACE can draw that crowd. Word of mouth is the big driver.

It will over time ;) Hopefully more modders will be submitting their work for all kinds of Flight Sims, Navel Sims, Heli Sims, and First Person Shooters like AA! The site already gets about 200 guests(everytime I visit there is about 200 guests). I think we need to convince them to sign up. ;)

The word will get around, I'm sure of it! :biggrin:

Cylix=JW=