Heck

I have never really seen this sim before...

Until tonight, I've been playing this sim on a 2.6 ghz single core with a 256meg video card. Through some good fortune, I was able to pick up a quad core with a 1 gig Nvidia card. Now I can fly on high graphics with the sole exception of shadows, which I have to leave at medium, and I still get smooth frame rates even in big furballs. The difference is amazing. Now I can truly see the incredible work the modders have done for this sim. Thank you all. I'm overwhelmed by the cities, the forests, the stands of poplar, the skins (thanks, Quack, and others). The only problem I've encountered is that Jan Tuma's Flanders ctds, although I can use his Vosgen, Cambrai, and Verdun without problems. Just something I have to track down, but that will wait a while, because I'm enjoying flying to much right now to bother just yet. Amazing sim. And amazing work by you all...

Got Flanders fixed.

Edited by Heck
  • Like 1

What fixed it?

Strange stuff. I had more than one Flanders.data.ini in my folder. Switching to another did the trick. It's a version that cuts down on some of the alpha and solid objects in the terrain.

this is true for all the "2" series ... they're sorta of optimized for multi-cores. You'll start seeing all kinds of cool stuff (both FE and SF!)

this is true for all the "2" series ... they're sorta of optimized for multi-cores. You'll start seeing all kinds of cool stuff (both FE and SF!)

I know, Wrench. I'm transferring my SF2 slowly, and I'm going to break down and buy NA for the carrier ops. Can't wait to get your Korea transferred.

NA is pretty cool. It's one hell of a landing. IF you make it back!

NA is pretty cool. It's one hell of a landing. IF you make it back!

I also want it because the thought of WW2 naval engagements strikes my fancy. Right now, all I have migrated from the old pc is FE2. And now, with all the Austrian and Italian front stuff out there, I have a whole other install of that to do. Glad I have 80gigs. I was flying over Vosegen last night in inclement weather. It was so cool. So cool.

Vogesen w Jan's terrain upgrade is beautiful. It was perfect for a make shift Italianish terrain. With max settings it's one of the nicest terrains. Too bad gepard didnt add more around the north, northwestern front lines. Could have used more airfields.