Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

And the next reverse engineered fighter in China is..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-21930280

China 'buys fighter jets and submarines from Russia'

_66598261_797316f9-1bc1-45aa-8c49-45bfe50bcb8a.jpg

China has agreed to buy 24 fighter jets and four submarines from Russia, Chinese state media report.

It is reported to be the first time in a decade that China has made a large-scale military purchase from Russia.

Two of the submarines will be built in Russia and two in China.

The deal, signed just before last weekend's visit to Moscow by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, comes as both sides increase military co-operation.

Correspondents say Moscow and Beijing are trying to counterbalance what they see as American military dominance.

China is buying 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines, reported the Communist Party organ the People's Daily and China Central Television (CCTV).

Edited by MigBuster

don't they build the jets with license?

anyways, good thing that the americans have the Raptors ;)

Are you sure?

Russia: No Deal on Sale of Fighter, Subs to China

I've been hearing about this in the Asia/Pacific defense news for a few months now, but Russia isn't keen on the idea as it seems China is only purchasing the Su-35s for their engines, at least, according to Russian insiders. Russia's pushing for a sale of 48, China is only agreeing to 24 and the Russians know the Chinese won't honour the deal and will produce unlicensed products. Why would you enter into a deal when you know they'd do this before hand??

And as for Gary Li, a senior analyst at London-based IHS Fairplay, I could do his job after having suffered a major head injury and still be a better analyst. That guy is either down playing it on purpose, or, is more likely...

tumblr_me0qrvGwDP1r3z80e.jpg

Edited by SayWhatt

I would love to be an analyst. You give people your opinions, with shady support at best, and get paid for it, plus you often get interviewed on TV as "an expert" when you don't really know more than anyone else.

Doesn't matter what kind of analyst, I'll be a financial, political, military, entertainment, judicial, whatever. My opinions and estimates are right in all of those fields just as often as theirs are, so why not?

As for Su-35s, of course China wants the engines because that's their Achilles heel. All their "best" planes have foreign engines, even the ones they didn't license build, reverse engineer, or just steal. They'd like to have a look inside the F-35's radar and cockpit too, I'm sure.

Honestly, Russia shouldn't be so hard up for cash that they sell them their best stuff anymore. China has demonstrated a pattern so loud a blind person could see it a mile away, and if they continue to blithely sell a few to China for a measly amount and then watch helplessly as China mass produces it without giving them a ruble for it they're frankly too dumb to be believed.

Russians are pissing against the wind and are wondering why their pants are getting wet :biggrin: .

The Chinese have already reverse engineered the Su-33, the 35 is next.

Never make a deal with China if you dont wish to see a copy of your product. :big_boss:

Honestly, Russia shouldn't be so hard up for cash that they sell them their best stuff anymore.

Don't think this is about the cash but now I'm being an analyst :lol:

Its not a fighter, but also transporters can be reverese engineered.

post-3395-0-34467500-1365326277.jpg

Y-20, a mix between C-17 and IL-76

I don't know, all transports are alike in one way or another.

Look to the tail section. Looks very similar to the C-17.

Look to the tail section. Looks very similar to the C-17.

And the A400M.

The Chinese transport looks to be more on par in size the Airbus, but with tiny C-141 engines.

We display our aircraft freely at air shows. It isn't very hard for a Chinese tourist/aircraft engineer to walk up and photo and see for themselves what ideas can be copied.