Hi, I m new for SF2 modding. I have a question about cockpit camera position.

Personally,for getting more flight info, I have to adjust the distance between player camera and instrument board a little more manually every time. ..Although it is nothing big case, but i would like to know the data of SF2 more by figuring out how to modify the player camera property in cockpit.

I modded the code in file "F-8J_cockpit.ini"

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-8J_Pit

//Position=0.0,4.15,1.05

Position=0.0,3.00,1.05

Offset=0.0,-0.2,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=180

I guess the red line may be the XZY value of player camera. But there`s nothing happen after i changed the value.

I have seached the forum but there is no herlp. Some one could tell me how to modify the camera? Even clues or links, any help would be appreciated.

ps: i know the distance can be change by pressing F2 key. I just want to figure out the camera (F1)

Edited by Velo

Doing that you're moving the whole cockpit, not the camera.

Thanks . I have found the way.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-8J_Pit

//Position=0.0,4.15,1.05

Position=0.0,3.00,1.05

Offset=0.0,-0.2,0.0 --------------- the red controls the distance. +/- means close/far

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=180

there is one more question:

What s the difference between whole cockpit and camera? When i alter the camera, it is alter the cockpit itself. This property is the 1st person camera (F1), it dose not affect the 3rd person camera (F6)

Position moves the cockpit in relationship to the fuselage; Offset moves the pilot view in relationship to the cockpit.

You should normally adjust the Position setting first to get the cockpit view correct, and then adjust the Offset second.

and remember the order of the numbers

x left/right

y fore/aft

z up/down

according to test result, i have to modify the Bomb, AAM and Gun indicator on HUD after adjusting Offset value.