quack74

Ground objects in Campaigns (Infantry)

I've been using Stephen1918's Galicia campaigns lately and I realized that the infantry and other mobile ground objects appear in large numbers. But in my Austria-Italy campaign that uses the Vogesen terrain only manage 4 objects at a time that move from node to node. Galicia seems to have about 12 or more per side. I've crossed checked the Data from both campaigns and both terrain files and I cant figure out whats different. What controls the amount of mobile ground units that appear for each campaign mission? The Campaigns' DATA.ini that reads: ex: from Vogesen terrain campaign.

[GroundUnit023]

GroundObjectType=AustrianInfantry

UnitName=7th Infantry

ForceID=2

Nation=AUSTRIA

BaseArea=Konigsburg Nahe Schlettstadt

RandomChance=100

StartObjects=100

MaxObjects=100 <--------- higher number doesnt change anything

Experience=80

Morale=80

Supply=100

Intelligence=80

Formation=TankSpread

MaxObjectPerMission=8 <--------------------- nor here

These parameters dont seem to have much of an effect. I've tried different number values. The objects always max out at 4 units for the offensive side and about two units for the defensive side defending the node.

Any ideas??

Well I got it to work. Just deleted some lines and now there are a whole lot of troops on the ground attacking their objectives. Very cool to watch. Those lines were messing things up.

[GroundUnit023]

GroundObjectType=AustrianInfantry

UnitName=7th Infantry

ForceID=2

Nation=AUSTRIA

BaseArea=Konigsburg Nahe Schlettstadt

RandomChance=100

StartObjects=100

MaxObjects=100

Experience=80

Morale=80

Supply=100

Intelligence=80

Formation=TankSpread <------------- Deleted

MaxObjectPerMission= <------------- Deleted

post-33545-0-60381100-1364487743_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-37517400-1364487745_thumb.jpg

The ground fighting is awsome now! So much action and sounds. Does anyone know how to post a video here directly from a thread? Not having to download it or go to a file sharing site? Just click "Play" and watch?

Galicia.wmv

Sorry this little clip was a test. Didnt work the way I thought but you can still view it.

Edited by quack74

This is another test. Think I got it now. What a PITA to get a movie to stream directly. Needed to upload to YouTube first. Anyway this was another test. Now I can post clips of things.

http://youtu.be/rMNNieFz0Io

Edited by quack74
  • Like 2

Thanks whiteknight. I forgot to make it public after I figured it out.