Wayfarer

Unfair Work Conditions!

We have always been allowed to to use the internet for non-business at lunch times. A few weeks ago we even got upgraded and I could finally play videos posted on this site without having to wait until I get home.

Now they've got some new filtering software and I can't view either of the OFF sites at all! Apparently they are classed under 'Game' and therefore a threat. I can't work in these Dickensian conditions!

Curiously the SAS website for IL2 Mods seems to be deemed safe at present, I hope it's not an indication of bias in our IT providers!

They must have noticed that somebody is spending way too much time on OFF forums. :biggrin:

Proxy surfing? That of course will be slower but still manageable :wink:

Proxy surfing? That of course will be slower but still manageable :wink:

Proxy surfing ... ? Please enlighten a poor IT illiterate!

Well buddy surfing over proxy basically means you can surf a page by using another, different site.

You fool your router by connecting for example to my computer and then from my computer you connect to combatace(or any other site) while the router in your workplace still sees you connected to my computer, not the site you are actually browsing.

You can do it by modifying your proxy by typing it in your browser, here's the proxy list I often use(for another reason):

http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.htm

It can take a few tries until you find the one that works so don't give up if the first one you try fails...

Also I've seen simpler proxy methods like this: http://www.justproxy.co.uk/

Here you just type in the address of the site you want to visit.

Mind you I'm not sure it will work as I don't know how do you have it set up in your workplace but such stuff mostly works from my experience...good luck :good:

I wasn't going to suggest that in case you got the sack :)

Does the place have a WiFi Guest network? - might be less restrictive - but you would need to use your phone or a tablet instead.

I work in IT...and yes!...We're all Bastards! :)

Hasse Wind: So you think having all those 120 minute lunch 'hours' could have been my undoing?

Brain32, Migbuster: Thanks for your suggestions. This is probably one job I wouldn't risk getting the sack from. Had it been some of the previous one's though ...

UK_Widowmaker: You can't be that bad, you play OFF!