SayethWhaaaa

NK in state of war with the South?

When i saw that vid, i remembered how the South Korean Frigate was sunk. They would loose a war, but at a price wich would make it be anything but a victory.

No, no it is more that we care about the security of all nations of East Asia. We care about the people of the entire Korean peninsula, North or South. We care about peace. DPRK is the last vestige of an evil ideology. An ideology that strips man of his dignity and individualism. An ideology that grants only hardship and poverty to all who buy into it's ideas of a workers paradise but only offers anything to the people in charge. We the free people of the world detest this amoral display of political savagery and would and have given our lives in hopes that children never again have to wake up under the shadow of a red banner.

• Like 2

Plus, I like my Samsung phones and Kia cars! :)

FC

• Like 1

I don't know about that ideology part. It's a dictatorship. Communism is tossed around, but I think what NK does is little like that.

After Stalin, the USSR had 35 yrs of Communism that was not a dictatorship. There was a small group in power who voted on who became the next leader as well as who was positioned to succeed that person. NK's hereditary succession is more an evil monarchy, subjugating the people in order to prop up those in power, than anything else.

I think the Soviets had more patriots in charge than NK ever did.

• Like 1

Have I got news for you paraphrased:

"News has emerged from Pyongyang regarding their lattest round of nuclear tests.... coincidently "Pyongyang" is the sound made by the rubber bands used to launch their nuclear missiles."

Craig

• Like 1

We should not say communism in either case. The base ideology is far away from what they realized, or ever wanted to realize.

Communism, democracy and other "people are equal" ideologies are all the same. You will never have equal word and right without equal money... money is power. Praise democracy and badmouth communism after you were thinking about this. You are not free and not equal. "There are animals who are more equal" (Orwell)

Moreover, I would say Patriotism is also something that has been dirtied long ago. Instead of being faithful to your nation, to your people and fighting to protect it from the Bad... you are just loyal to the government which rules your nation and people and IS the Bad itself... Problem lies not in *.ism but in people who has power. Within borders or reachin past borders.

As for the USSR and its people. At least they did not loose the ability to see clearly and think... they always knew all about their government... lies, propaganda, oppression, limits of freedom. When the political elite (controlling the economy) made mistake and internal fighting (like in 53 an 56) caused the system to collapse. In the US where the financial elite (controlling politics, and more than half of the world) will make mistake sooner or later... but what will happen?

My country was occupied by USSR for 40 years... I still cannot badmouth it's people. Same for USA, I have many friends and relatives there. People are not equal to their government and state above their heads. But they are responsible for changes and future!!

Another thing, for those who see red everywhere ))) no offence. But who has risen the beast, who armed the beast, who helped the beast to build the world's biggest and strongest army? Who whispered into his ears so he decided to attack Europe in august 1941? ))

Create a beast... let it loose... control it, punish it.. defeat it. Be hero... gain power. Old script... There is the motive.

Edited by Snailman

The communism thing is completly OT. I see, that a lot of people does have no idea what communism really mean and thatswhy think this should be discussed at an own topic.

Back to NK.

post-3395-0-57407400-1365693248.jpg

German news magazin Spiegel. Latest issue.

Titel:

Kim Jong Bumm

translated into english

Kim Yong Bang

If you really want to talk about a pig's life.....

I had to tell you that what Kim doing just because Kim met BIG problem insde NK.

Easy exmple:can you trust a 20 years top leader without any experince? Just because he is ex-leader's son?

No one can do that. Same exmple happend to much in Mid-age,young King always got minister's betrayal.

So Kim is just act,act as a hero so that NK people can trust him.

But Kim act too bad......as bad as a pig's daily life.........

Thank you for setting us on course. Kim will chill out just let him play general for awhile. If it was me at 27 or 28 I would have already invaded the South! The original point is that it is a dangerous mix of inherited dictatorship and twisted ideology mixed with the stupidity of youth that makes Un a dangerous thing. As far as Communism is concerned, that extreme form practiced in the DPRK is the glue that holds the whole place together. All nations and all ideologies have their dark period it is just that the DPRK has only had one and it started at inception and has not ended. Nobody is living a "Red Scare," communist states historically have had a higher rate of "National Suicide" than other types of states. Only three or so left standing right guys? The whole everything is OK in moderation line of reasoning applies here.

Nobody is living a "Red Scare," communist states historically have had a higher rate of "National Suicide" than other types of states.

This is a missread of statistics. Take the suicide rate of today and the suicide rate of the bad old days, then you see no statistical relevant difference.

I see it here in Germany. The suicide rate in the GDR was higher than in the FRG. But it is still today higher in East Germany than in West Germany. And it was higher to the time of the german emperor 100 years ago.

With the same statistical relevance you could say, "the birthrate went down, because the population of storcks is declining. Thats the proof that the children comes by the storck." :wink:

Not the individual suicide rate per inhabitant, but the fact that the state as it's self ceases to exist due to it's own actions. USSR committed "national suicide" now it is no more.

• Like 1

11 April, New Yorker ... seems Onion~esque, but apparently they couldn't get their new missile started because they upgraded computer.

North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

If true, they probably couldn't find the Start button, which explains why he looks like he (the boss) is yelling into the mic for them to find it so they can Start the missile.

I guess they don't know that Windows 8 won't run on a Commodore64. :biggrin:

Hahaha awesome ! I just imagine the launch pad control atmosphere '3... 2... 1... AAAANNND... *pling!* "Error 401. Report to Microsoft ?"'

Thought so lol. Yea I'll bookmark that thanks -- Borowitz Report ~> http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/

On a related note to that onion~esque twitter story of today (24 April), apparently AP (Associated Press) twitter got hacked and there was a false report of white house bomb attack sending computer traded markets plunging.

~> from Karl Denninger Maybe Felonious, But Not Erroneous

This is all another cyclical thing from the North Koreans. Whenever their starving masses become restless, they rattle their sabers around, strut and puff, and act in a very belligerent manner. They are offered some more money and they calm down. I think that this time, President Obama doesn't have the money to up their check and they are just ranting and using whatever they can (sorta like a pouting child) to get what they want. It might be in their best interests to see what China really thinks about all of this before they become too rambunctious. Can you believe they have nuclear weapons?

Edited by Jug
  • Like 1

Hmmm - even if they dont their conventional stuff would do immense damage to Seoul and the civi populous etc - probably the reason we stick up with them.