Do you have rules for yourself in single missions and campaigns? Do you refly if things go bad or do you accept the results? Do you flip a coin or roll dice?. Do you always start at runway or close to action?

I roll virtual d n d dice for campain starts, and more often than not, flip a coin for refly/accept. It's all very up to chance. For instance, with the editor, I use the dice to choose: campaign, force, aircraft, country, arms limits, arms availibility, mercenary, and funds. The squadron name and campaign name are completely random words that I think of, and I DO mean random. It's fun, ask anyone! So, what r u?

I always try to be as accurate as possible, and also enjoy a big challenge. I usually start from a runway, but some terrains have huge distances between the nearest airfield and a certain target area so I will start close to the target in those situations to save fuel. If I fail on a mission I will try again until I succeed. In terms of campaigns and single missions I'll fly for both sides in similar scenarios.

1/d20 says "dragons breath has melted your cleric"

or, if uses CoC rules .... 2/d10 says you failed you sanity roll.

my ROE: find the enemy, pin them down, and destroy them in detail. yah, i'm kinda viscious that way

• Like 2

1/d20 says "dragons breath has melted your cleric"

Rofl!

my ROE

Crushed your enemy seen then driven before and ear the lamention of there woman!

• Like 2

Campaigns, if I die or go POW, campaign is over. It just gives me a chance to try a diff plane and another scenario...

unless I'm trapping the Tomcat and it goes boom. In SF2, that thing is soooo much more finicky than any other plane when it comes to carrier landings.

Most of my flying the last year is checking mods. But when i do fly a campaign dead is dead. Unless its the sink the kiev mission. That one irks me to the pont i ve reloaded Dave s B-52s and fire 12 SRAMs at it!!!! Conventionally i think i ve succeeded AND lived once even with Hornets and Harpoons

actually very interesting question, I mostly do runway starts, ALT+N to enemy territory and refly if KIA or MIA

but

given I have some time for SF2, I think I'll try flying with: base start, no autopilot, no info at all, and no outside views... this might be interesting

I couldn't live without mission editor anymore, so much better now...

• Like 1

Dead is Dead for campaigns. For long missions I use accel time instead of alt N which keeps things interesting regarding fuel burn. The idea of keeping your head in the cockpit is interesting but haven't tried it yet. I fly quite a few game generated single missions with random weather etc. but also done on a DiD basis. Create a pilot [ex: Sam Sabre] fly the missions [ using accel time for the long ones] and see what kind of a record you can build up. The DiD approach makes things more interesting. After building up a good "career" the temptation is to "run away bravely" if things get too hot.

• Like 1

Usually fly from the ship in real time and dead is dead. As for exploding kittys, I long ago replaced them with the most recent update of te MF Tomcat.

Only time I've really gone at it reflying over and over was when tryin to figure out how to kill te Russian fleet, not really too bad once you figure it out, good formation control, lots of SEAD and Walleyes. Initially I kept trying with Harpoons but too many were getting shot down to stand any real chance of sucess.

Craig

Only time I've really gone at it reflying over and over was when tryin to figure out how to kill te Russian fleet, not really too bad once you figure it out, good formation control, lots of SEAD and Walleyes. Initially I kept trying with Harpoons but too many were getting shot down to stand any real chance of sucess.

Indeed. The only way i have to ensure a successful attack on the soviet fleet with Krestas and Kynda cruisers in 1979 is combining a Corsair SEAD Sqn attacking at the same time as an Intruder harpoon attack, with another Corsair Sqn with walleyes to clean it up. Well, an enemy battlegroup is worth an Alpha Strike, isn´t it?