Olham

TVAL showing two (!) FOKKER D.VIII starting and flying

FOKKER FORMATION

Found this fine video showing two (!) Fokker D.VIII at "The Vintage Aviator"

starting and in flight.

The fly with a Dr.1 and a D,VII in formation. There is also a Camel to be seen.

At the end some excellent still photographs with great close-ups.

Make sure you watch it on 1080p HD.

Edited by Olham

Sure is good seeing all the flying replicas. Perhaps, some day in the future, they will be a commonplace. Then we can organize teams and have full-contact MMA events.

What is that - MMA events?

Thanks Olham,

these are great Patterns for my Sound Mod :air_kiss: Great VIDEO! Always good to see our good old Kites are still flying... :biggrin:

Thanks Olham, some really good stuff. I made an interesting note for future skinning - noted the oil staining down the fuselage, in some instances nose to tail.

What is that - MMA events?

Full contact, Mixed Martial Arts.

Yep, nbryant, that's the destructive effect the Castor oil seems to have had on doped canvas.

Yep, nbryant, that's the destructive effect the Castor oil seems to have had on doped canvas.

The other thing that has a destructive effect on doped canvas is cows. During my brief career as a glider pilot, (flying over lots of farm land) we were constantly admonished to never, ever, land in a field of cows. They find the doped canvas very attractive (cow candy) and they will nibble your airplane naked. Also, if they eat enough of it, it poisons the cow. I must admit I have never seen this in practice, but we took it seriously at the time.

Funny! That reminds me of an episode I have read. Was it at Jasta 5 or Jasta 17 - not sure.

However; the officers were unhappy about the cows**t splashing against the undersides at

starts. A French farmer used to drive his cows on their field quite often.

So the mechanics started a nasty campaign against the beasts. They soaked a cloth with

petroleum and stuffed it into the lead cow's bum (or so I remember it). The poor being ran

away screaming, and the cows never came back to that field again.