Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

Republic F-84FE (C-5) Dardo "Dart"

What if Spain, instead of the mighty F-86 would have chosen the also legendary F-84F...

Ala 1, 1959, Full Metal Skin

img00005.png

img00006.png

Ala 1, 1970, Lizard Camo

img00001.png

img00003.png

img00004.png

• Like 1

You could use the new cross,i think wrench remade them for the Sabre. Also, the camo could have it on a portion of the rudder painted white, like other camo schemes.

Excellent camo! Is it the one Spain really used that time?

@macelena

If you take a look at the real C-5 you'll see that the cross was applied on the tailfin without the white background. Ok... I have to admit, that the Sabre was not painted, so the camoed F-84 would need to have it for better visibility.

@PraetorH

There is some "free" interpretation in that camo :smile: As far as I know, this camo was applied to the spanish combat planes from the mid70s on. The Dart just had it a bit earlier.

Ala 1, 1970, Lizard Camo

img00001.png

Val, what I like in this particular shot is, alot of models here have way down-toned specularity and glossiness compared to real life planes, keep it up!

There is some "free" interpretation in that camo :smile: As far as I know, this camo was applied to the spanish combat planes from the mid70s on. The Dart just had it a bit earlier.

Or you could expand the service time of the bird :biggrin:

@Stary

To be honest... I never change the settings in the textureset.ini ( :smile:) So this camo displays from the full metal skin settings.

@PraetorH

Hmm... could be it. From 1955 'til 1973 it could serve as a fighter/light attacker and then be refurbished to serve as single-seater trainer. Some of the HA-200 Saetas did also wear this scheme. They were retired in 1981.

Edited by ValAstur