This topic started with the HEMTT model. But I did not do it right at first so some things had to be redone. Finding usable texture resources was also more difficult compared to the other models. Only recently I textured the crane on the back of the M977. Some small spots could still use a texture, but it is better I just release it as a beta now, before things get postponed for months again. Hope to add a fueler to this one later.

File is up at my old-school homepage, see first post of this topic.

post-32175-0-64932200-1496366103_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Wow, nice! Thank you, gerwin, I really like your work. Your 3D models (including airbases) and TFDtool are masterpieces.

I finished the M978 HEMTT Fuel truck past weekend. At least up to Beta level, as the texturing of the fuel-trailer is still rather plain. This groundobject can now be downloaded from my website. It makes these airfields look so much more modern.

In addition these three models were updated: The M977 HEMTT, BRDM-2 and BRDM-2-SA-9.

img00005b.thumb.jpg.db531eed4a62aeb4dfc9122fa8aab4c0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Great work!!

Can I ask a link to your page please?

Thought everyone had the magnificent Gerwin's site bookmarked, but anyway it's in his signature line:

On my homepage you can find a summary of all the Strike Fighters files that I uploaded:
http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/

I don't think I even had a signature before, But it is a good idea so I added it just now.

Adding these things to the terrains is tedious:  InActiveYear does not work as such in the terrain types.ini. Fortunately ActiveYear=1983 does work there. The rest is to be done in the Targets file: Edit existing targets by adding an InActiveYear=1982 to them, Then copy them over to the end of the targetarea and change them to the new type, with a new sequential target number of course.

TFDtool will need an update to do such a thing automatically for a loaded Targets file, for any specified old Type + new Type + InActiveYear.  For example:

Type 'BRDM' becomes 'BRDM2' after 1982. 

Type 'USTruck' becomes 'USTruck2' (M977_HEMTT) after 1982. 

Type 'USFuelTruck' becomes 'USFuelTruck2' (M978_HEMTT) after 1982. 

Type 'USJeep' becomes 'USJeep2' (M1025 HMMWV) after 1982.

Or any such groundobject mod from this site.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, gerwin said:

I finished the M978 HEMTT Fuel truck past weekend.

that (and a quick scroll through Quora) brought back some memories this morning!

one of the more interesting memories of them though is seeing one one its back! (in Hohenfels Germany at that)

Another download is available. This is an M4A3E8 Sherman obviously. It was made from a Payware Royalty Free 3D model.  It was a nice model with a polycount suitable for this game, but there were lots of things that could use some adjustment. Capun''s site has some other conversions from the same source, which is probably what triggered my project here.

The stock Israel game has the M-50 and M-51 upgunned sherman variants, but the game was still lacking an unmodified 76mm sherman of similar quality. This should be it.

Earlier I was thinking of adding one or two 75mm shermans as well, but in a post WW2 scenario these may not fit in. The weakest Red tank being the  T-34-85 with a much better gun...

M4A3E8.thumb.jpg.79d6e89219b056bc0d745b59e0fd11a3.jpg

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

German Panzer IV is up! Same story as the Sherman; it is from the same royalty free payware source. MG-34 by me.

I re-uploaded both HEMTT models also. The color of the cab/base textures was adjusted to better match the trailers.

Panzer4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I uploaded a new version of the Panzer IV. It now has a Tan/Sand texture as well. It got a fourth distance lod, plus I renamed it from Panzer4 to Panzer4H.

Yesterday and today I worked on a Flak 18 88mm. Made from scratch, fortunately there are several detailed drawings available for this gun. It is not ready for release yet.

Flak18_screenshot3.thumb.jpg.75b64fc1af932c2c3a864709699c9868.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

crew figures, maybe?

I will try to add some crew, like in the two seated positions that rotate with the gun. AFAIK any other crew can not sync nicely with a changing gun direction.

It would have been nice if it was possible to add a recoil effect to this gun.

The crew arrived already! Judging by their helmets these must be Fallschirmjager.

Flak18_screenshot5.thumb.jpg.4698fdaae55de53a4b50bb23ab6c132b.jpg

• Like 1

The earlier crew turned out to be a bunch of Yankee infiltrators, they have been arrested and replaced with proper flak crew.

Flak18_screenshot6s.jpg.0d899c80f6a9e1ae7823bfe3c327fe1b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I was busy with other things for a few months. But it would be a waste to just leave the Flak 18 gathering dust. This evening I patched it up to be worthy of a release, at least as a beta model. Added some ammo boxes too. The texturing could still use some work. You can find the package for SF2 on my website as usual.

Axis_88mmAA.thumb.jpg.9264187b3ff11be964ca0cf191431922.jpg

• Like 2

Since the Sherman M4A3E8 was not used in the Pacific Theater of WW2, I assembled a similar M4A3(75)W for that purpose. Available on my site as of now.

Also I update the Flak-18 88mm a little.

M4A3-75W.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gerwin,

Is it possible that the zip archive of the M4A3(75)W may be corrupted? I've tried to download it several times with different browsers, but the downloaded file cannot be opened and has a smaller file size (your page says it is 455k, while what I keep getting is 163k only). All your other downloads seem to be fine.

Thanks. (And thank you for these excellent models.)

Edited by Blade

Good catch. I will fix it this evening. The direct link to the zip will probably change, since I suspect that part of the server reached its file quota.

Why not just upload it here??? Just saying!! :biggrin: