View File

***This is an updated version of my original Gripen E release***

Changes to the original:

New Skins for all 4 countries

New Decals for all skins

Tweaked Avionics.ini and Cockpit.ini for upgraded AESA radar and new RWR

Added new RWR.tga's to Cockpit folder

Added new RWR.lst to Cockpit folder

Tweaked Data.ini with new RWR/Radar, upgraded fuel tanks, new Countermeasures, upgraded weapons pylons for more/better/heavier weapons, removed "UK,USN" from pylons

Tweaked Userlist.ini

Redone File structure

Redone Decals for SF2

Renamed all files JAS39E

Added new RWR.TGA's to Flight folder

Added "Meteor" missile with tweaked skin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Next Generation/India): Proposed version with new engine (F414G), SELEX Galileo Raven ES-05 AESA radar, increased fuel capacity, higher payload, upgraded avionics and other improvements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAS-39E Gripen "next Generation"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

You cannot use this file in any payware payware project, under the "COMBATACE FREEWARE LICENSING POLICY".

http://forum.combata...showtopic=26131

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREDITS

Gux: Model

Column5: FM

Moonjumper and Jat: avionics

CadeteBRA for the updates he made to Gux´s original Gripen C/D

Ianh755:tweaked almost everything I did to make it as good as it can be

Me (Stipe): skins and ini´s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION:

1- unzip the file to a temporary folder

2- move those folders: "Flight", "Objects" and "Sounds" to your Mod folder

overwrite if asked

that's it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special note:

On the weapon part of the plane´s DATA.INI I have made the plane able to carry Soviet and WP Weapons because of the Croatian skin.

here is why (this information has been given by some engineers at SAAB Aerospace)

:"Missiles like the Russian R73 and R77 have not yet been integrated but that wouldn't be a problem if that's what the customer wants"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skins included:

1. Sweden

2. Switzerland

3. Croatia

4. SAAB Demo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to Ianh755 for helping me on this project!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like it and have fun with it

Kindest regards:

Stipe

I shall put my fair but critical gaze upon it. I have need for a Gripen-E; if I ever get my butt onwards to actually start making campaigns again :D

• Like 2

The Doctor is correct. I do not see the Additional Pylons either. Also, the Gripen-Es body (not sure if wings are included in this) is about 35% larger then the Gripen E, and unless I am mistaken (and I very well may be), this aircraft is the same size as the C version.

Edited by JonathanRL

You are not wrong, but the same reason as the pylons

A new model is needed to correctly represent the JAS-39E/F.

Besides the additional pylons, the main landing gear is also rather different with the gear wells removed from the fuselage and placed in the section where the wing flows into the fuselage, reconstructed to allow more fuel on board and free space for those additional pylons under the fuselage.

Hi Guys, as has been noted this is the existing "C" 3D model being reused to represent the "E" via *.ini edits only. There is, as has been correctly pointed out, no "E" 3D model yet so this is the best Stipe (with his 1st Mod) and myself can come-up with. A new model would be great or even just the extra pylons via Fake Pilot but without either of us being 3D guys there's not much more we can do.

As a side matter I think there's still an FM issue with the existing "C" model to be sorted out too where the aircraft continues to pitch up or down after the stick is neutral but I can't seem to find the problem as fixing FM's is way outta my league so any help with that would be gratefully appreciated!

Cheers!

pitchdamper= ???? maybe ????

as to plyons, there are plenty of 'fake pilot' pylons lying around ... both 'bomb type' and 'missile type'.

Wrench - It's the canards not returning to centre but I can't figure out why???

Pylons - I've got a single Missile pylon from the Sea Harrier FA2 pack (A2G pylon with a LAU attached - See pic) which can do in a pinch but nothing made for bombs and the pylons in my pilot folder are all setup for other A/C using multiple pylons so I can't use those. Any ideas where I can get a single bomb pylon?

pylons.jpg

my Fw-190 pak has the pylons from the T-28, used for bombs and drop tanks (along wih the zeke, george, oscars and several others)

Rough WIP based on the top pic -

gripen06.jpg

gripen07.jpg

The new pylons are pretty poor due to the placement on the "C" model where the U/C is and the body narrows for the engine but I'm tired now (2am nearly) so I'll crack on tomorrow!

ianh755, there is a single pylon mod made to be centerline pylon for the MiG-21PF/PFM.

While not an exact match for the real thing shape-wise, I trust it will be good enough in size and will not look bad at all after proper skinning.

Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly which mod that pylon came with. All I remember now is it came first for the SF1 series.

I definitely have it in my weapons folder though.

Wrench - Thanks very much for the T28 info, they're almost perfect but not quite.

Svetlin - I haven't got anything although I do have the PF and PFM in my A/C folder. Any idea what it was called?

The current "issue" is still these pylons. Due to the location of the bombs (which can't be moved with them cutting into parts of the A/C or Laser Pod) and the Gripen "C" 3D model shape (pylons sit on the join at the rear of the intakes and engine bay - on an "E" it's flattened out), where the pylons "have" to fit on the A/C the pylons have to be either quite tall (about 1.5x the height of the T28's) or be plain enough that you can "stack" 2 pylons on-top of each other to double the height without the join being visible in the model (i.e no "legs" or bomb holders like the T28 has at the bottom etc)

A picture paints a thousand words so here's my issue, remember that the bombs can't be moved any higher or further forward so something must be done with the pylons only -

Looks OK from the Front -

gripen08.jpg

But you can see here the pylon is floating off the A/C.

gripen09.jpg

Here you can see that the A/C "C" 3D model (the rear of the intake into the engine bay) is quite sloped making it difficult to use the T28 model (which can't be stacked either). If it was missing the top and the legs on the bottom it'd be perfect!

gripen10.jpg

Another wider shot of the issue, and the lovely IRST dome.

gripen11.jpg

The location of the pylons comes from the various pics floating around showing it carrying 2x GBU10's. These bombs are one of the main reasons the bombs can't be moved, due the the guidance fins of the GBU's cutting into the airframe. You can use smaller bombs (GBU-12's) and raise the pylons but then they cut into the Litening Pod when carried. One good sized pylon would cure all this and ease my now pounding headache :grin:

Edited by ianh755

Nice work so far, almost there!

Cool! I like it guys!!!

Cheers Matey! It's a great shape for a normal A/C but sadly it's not tall enough for this particular mod (again would need 2 of them stacked). With the unique requirements of this pylon I'll see if someone wouldn't mind knocking up a quick 3D rectangular cube that I can use instead.

It seems even SAAB have had the same problem - If you look closely you can see they've had to double up the pylons too! :grin:

gripen14.jpg

***edit*** - Found a cool picture of the weapons load the Gripen can carry so made a quick mock up (don't know if it'll stay TBH)

gripen12.jpg

gripen13.jpg

Edited by ianh755

Have you guys tried contacting the original modeller of the JAS39C/D and seeing if they are interested in making the changes to the original 3D models to create a proper E/F version?

Edited by dtmdragon

I have; but I put it off as "less important for the moment" and thus no work ever begun.

Edited by JonathanRL

DTMDragon - He's not been on here for nearly 5 years sadly.

IanH: Cadette has the source files. He did a revamp of the Gripen about a year ago and added the D variant.

I am such an idiot, I'm searching for Ian's reply and I don't realise that it's on the 2. Page!?

Hi, i have the max files, indeed. Sadly i have almost zero time to work on they, so, if anyone is interested in using it, PM me. Keep in mind that i do NOT did those max files, they belong to Gux.