Sign in to follow this  
Azref

Trackir 5 Vector Clip or Trackclip Pro?

Hi Folks

I'll be ordering myself a TIR 5 in the next few days and was wondering what people find most accurate as there are 2 packages available.

• Is the TrackClip Pro worth the extra money to start with?
  • Is 1 version more accurate than the other?
  • Will the TrackClip Pro fit any headset as mine only covers my left ear.

Any advice is much appreciated, as the closest thing i have used in comparison to TrackIR is FacetrackNoIR.

In my experience with the TIR 4 (which is still working so well that I never upgraded to a TIR 5), the active LED lights clipped on a headset generally work a little better than the relfectors clipped on a ball cap.

But both work well.

So, if you are going to wear a headset while using TIR, I suggest the clip-on LED thingy, but be careful with it since it has wires and is made of light somewhat brittle plastic.

If you don't normally wear a headset, you are better off with the reflectors (a ball cap is way more comfortable than a headset).

The reflector clip is also spring steel or something like that... very tough to break.

The best option is to get both so you can use them as needed/required/preferred.

Edited by streakeagle

Decided i take the plunge and buy the pack with both options to see what works best for me. Only worry i have now is how easily broken the TrackClip Pro seems to be.

I have had mine for years... it has been through hell. One of the pivot joints got broken, but I glued it in place (the remaining movable one gets the job done). I have had to tape on the external shell together in several places (two halves no longer stay snap-tight). But it still works exactly as intended. I find the vertical response of the LEDs superior to the reflectors, so I usually put up with the discomfort of wearing a headset to get better tracking over wider look angles even if my sound is coming from speakers. But other times, I just don't want to wear a headset and will sacrifice a little track quality for comfort. When I first broke my Clip, it stayed that way for months before I decided to fix it. Having both options can be nice at times.