Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Twinkies set to return....REJOICE!

..and there was MUCH rejoicing

And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and other such delicacies

Get the word to fatboy in the DPRK. Then maybe they can chill out.

• Like 1

You don't think he already knows!!!???!!! Once again we cave in to communist agression!!!!

The truth is, the product had changed a bit over the years... wasn't quite the Twinkie I grew up with. Cheaper ingredients? Getting rid of trans fats? I don't know, but it wasn't quite the same. Nonetheless, I have tried to raise (pollute?) my son with Twinkies. But the Publix across the street from my house didn't carry them very often. Most Publix grocery stores had a huge Hostess products section, but apparently Latin customers that predominate the area I currently live in prefer "Bimbo" products. So, my son has been calling the Little Debbie Cloud Cakes I have been feeding him "Twinkies". Close enough.

yayyyyyyy

The truth is, the product had changed a bit over the years... wasn't quite the Twinkie I grew up with. Cheaper ingredients? Getting rid of trans fats? I don't know, but it wasn't quite the same. Nonetheless, I have tried to raise (pollute?) my son with Twinkies. But the Publix across the street from my house didn't carry them very often. Most Publix grocery stores had a huge Hostess products section, but apparently Latin customers that predominate the area I currently live in prefer "Bimbo" products. So, my son has been calling the Little Debbie Cloud Cakes I have been feeding him "Twinkies". Close enough.

A lot of our old favorites have changed, and seldom for the better. Remember when McDonald's apple pies were fried (instead of baked)? http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2012/04/so-you-miss-deep-fried-mcdonalds-apple-pies.html

We had a regional bakery here in the Northeast, called "Drake's Cakes". They were the originators of Ring-Dings, Funny-Bones, and Devil-Dogs. They were brought out by Hostess some time ago, though Hostess kept marketing them until the end. I hope that the new owners of Hostess revive them, as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake's

A lot of our old favorites have changed, and seldom for the better. Remember when McDonald's apple pies were fried (instead of baked)? http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2012/04/so-you-miss-deep-fried-mcdonalds-apple-pies.html

We had a regional bakery here in the Northeast, called "Drake's Cakes". They were the originators of Ring-Dings, Funny-Bones, and Devil-Dogs. They were brought out by Hostess some time ago, though Hostess kept marketing them until the end. I hope that the new owners of Hostess revive them, as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake's

Drake's.....Chocolate thicker than anything Hostess had to offer! God help you if you ate their stuff without milk or a soda handy!

Edited by Lt. James Cater

This is bound to result in poor infants and the elderly being trampled as fat Americans roll, tumble, bounce and thump at best possible speed to their local stores( picture this happening to the chariots of fire theme)All the more reason to make fun of fat kids and their fat parents. That's right fatso eat that Twinkie carton beefcake ! Beefcake !

Edited by Atreides