Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Stopping it reinstalling the stock aircraft?

I have a couple of weird what-if installs which involve European aircraft but few US-built ones, and no Soviet-built ones. Think of the break-up of the European Union, for example, with the continental Europeans led by France and Germany vs the Free Traders with the UK, Denmark, Norway and so on. It's mainly for single missions, and without any sort of campaign. The terrains are set up with limited nations, and the shortened nations.ini reflects this.

I've deleted the usual culprits, the A-4s and F-4s except -F, -K and -M, the MiGs, etc, etc. And it works for a while, with RAF Phantoms vs Mirages and Luftwaffe F-104s... Until the game engine reloads the stock stuff and I end up with French MiG-21s and Luftwaffe MiG-17s against RAF F-4Es.

It's driving me mad...

So is there a way to stop it reinstalling all the stuff I don't want?

All I can think is to delete the CONTENTS of the folders you want gone, but leave the folder itself behind and make it read-only. That way the program can't repopulate them with the .inis that would make the planes appear.

Knock on wood but I have a fictional install that hasn't been 're-loaded" for quite some time. I did leave the stock A4B folder installed. Maybe when the game sees the A4B [in alphabetical order, the first TW aircraft.] it assumes everything is normal. Just a guess. :dunno:

Thanks worth giving both a try. I've made the folder and contents 'read only' but it still does it. Maybe deleting the inis would work... And the A-4B folder, why not!

If its doing it every time you start the game - its normally down to old version.ini and option.ini files

Not every time - just now and then. But it's a pain!