usafphantom2

,.I Found PINK FLOYD's WALL on Edwards Philippines1941 Terrain

post-75584-0-35928700-1365990986_thumb.jpgHey Again,I Think WW2 Has it in for me.So I'm flying single mission to destroy an HQbldg and when I get about 5.2 miles from target Wham! no forward progress,Actually I start flying sideways and no matter how far I try to fly around,when I get back within that 5 mile limit thats it.Didnt know the japs had force field technology back in 1941? Anybody ever see this kinda thing before?Thanks for any useful help. :blink: HeY! who put a Red line in my war!Can we Take an Earaser and take out a little spot on it so I can complete my mission,It would kinda be like the mothership scene from independence day you'll have to find the little opening to get out with planes chasing you.Besides my commander was'nt too happy with me when I told him about the red line after we aborted.Seriously can we photoshop some or all or move it back some? Edited by usafphantom2

yes

as you stated, you just encounterd "The Wall" (or if we're into Stephan King, "The Dome")

i'll bet 20 bucks the target was near the northern end of Luzon ....

Edited by Wrench

IIRC, SF1 has the "wall" further out than SF2, which is why a terrain origionally made for SF1 can have targets outside the wall limits for SF2.

No Really is it just a red line on a map or is it something in the game that cant be edited?Does the red line even need to be there?Help Me Obiwan your my only Hope! :biggrin:

that oddly shaped red line is the FRONT LINE, seperating friendly and enemy forces. It's set up in the Movement.in, and should (normally!) be relatively straight across -east/west, and on that map (assuming the American landings on Leyte), bend north-ish on the eastern end.

The Wall has always been 80km from the edges, all the way back to Day 1 SFP1. Up untl a few patches ago (Jan 12???) we had the ability to edit the World setting in the FlightEngine.ini, but many terrains got f***ed when that was removed/locked out

For that same 20bucks, I'll tell ya what to do, to prevent being tasked with mission "beyond the Rim" :biggrin:

Edited by Wrench

first things first....

the Phill 1941 map is for the INVASION of the PI in Dec 41 by the Japanese.

that shouldn't be used for anything BUT that....and it'll need major overhauling to take advantge of SF2NA off map basing (ie: IJN bombers from Formosa)

the standard "1944" map should be used for anything AFTER the US invasion of Leyte (and that's how my PI 44 mod is set up). Unfortuantely, that one also need the targeting rebuilded. But is quite usabe.

Let me know which map you want the "key" for; the money goes to CombatAce.

As far as I know the phillipines1944 is ok 1941 is the one giving me Fits! On my way to Paypal.Oh and by the way that is what I'm using it as. :biggrin: Ok I did it,So tell me Please.

Edited by usafphantom2

what it's gonna take to fix it, is going to break any campaign built for it, as we're going to be removing all target areas ABOVE Lingayan Gulf, and switching sides for the 2 northernmost airstrips

so....

open the Philippines1941_targets.ini, and for the following target areas

Aparri

Gonzaga

Vigan

Vigan Airstrip

Tuguegarao

Tuguegarao Airstrip

change the

Alignment=ENEMY

to

Alignment=NEUTRAL

this will effectively remove them from play

Now, to give your IJAAF/IJN land base fighters/bombers somewhere to roost, for the following target areas:

Balaoan Airstrip

Jones (city)

Jones Aistrip

change their alingnment to ENEMY. Changing Jones city will prevent 'red-on-red' incidents.

I realize this put enemy A/C very close to Clark and the other bases near Manila, but this can't be helped.

Experimentaly, you can add this at the bottom of the targets ini...

[TargetArea116]

Name=Tainan Air Base

Position=146189,996923

ActiveDate=0

Location=21

Alignment=ENEMY

OffMapAirBase=TRUE

and for the pre-existing Formosan bases...

[TargetArea059]

Name=Taichung Field

;Formosa

Position=340000.000000,-200000.000000

Radius=4242.640625

ActiveYear=0

LOCATION=21

Alignment=ENEMY

OffMapAirBase=TRUE

[TargetArea060]

Name=Pingtung Field

;Formosa

Position=300000.000000,1200000.000000

Radius=4242.640625

ActiveYear=0

LOCATION=21

Alignment=ENEMY

OffMapAirBase=TRUE

of, couse, this may only work when the WW2 game is built from the SF2NA.exe. Worth a try, at least

the major flaw is the map is simply too small, and there's no way I know to expand it along the x/y axis the required 200km. Put simply, a complete NEW terrain is requred.

Edited by Wrench