has anyone made these or is anyone working on these? I thought there was an Sa-4 but I can't find it. of course my search skills are pretty weak...... ;)

I don't believe that either of these are available. At least I've never seen them.

iirc, in real life © the SA-1 was only deplyoed around Moscow, and for a very short time, being rapidly replaced by 2, 3, 5, and etc

niether has ever been built for the SF series to my knowledge

S-25 Berkut system was exclusively deployed around 85 km radius of Moscow. Served through 28 years being constantly upgraded and modified. S-25M was finally replaced by S-300 series in 1982. It was a system completely lacked mobility, unlike the 20+ variants of S-75 (dvina, volkhov, desna, volga etc)

SA-1 can be made easily, if only the missile counts. the launcher is also no too difficult, because these missiles were launched straigh up vertically (like scud) put on the launch pad by a tracked reload vehicle.

http://www.vko.ru/De...version=Staging

http://narynka.ucoz...._berkut/1-1-0-3

About Ganef... well,, I believe I have seen it somewhere, but can't find... maybe not in SF series then... Wrench is right, I'm afraid.

Edited by Snailman

cool!

now, we only need the radar vehicle/buildings ground objects! (after all, they gotta have something to tell them 'where to go and what to hit!)

if anyone is interested, there's a Henhouse OTH radar in the DBS update

Uhm, yea it seems the weapon pack only contains the missiles themselves... So there is no 2K11 Krug launch vehicle it seems. Not a big problem, next week I create one. Right now I am snowed(

Henhouse? it is the one for Anti-ICBM missile system?

• Like 1

Yes, indeed lindr2 made the missiles of both systems. Too bad we know the limitations of the as these are displaced like the SA-2. The Berkut had even only a limited window of engagement and not all around.

iirc, in real life © the SA-1 was only deplyoed around Moscow, and for a very short time, being rapidly replaced by 2, 3, 5, and etc

I think North Korea operated some SA-1 systems since the early 60s.

SA-1 & SA-4 missiles can also be found at Ordnance Shop II at SF2 downloads section but no radars/vehicles exist.

After some ini edits, I managed to make Su-27 able to fire SA-1 missiles and proved effective when fired in air to air mode!!!

Yes, indeed lindr2 made the missiles of both systems. Too bad we know the limitations of the as these are displaced like the SA-2. The Berkut had even only a limited window of engagement and not all around.

You mean, these were utilized from sa-2 launchers and sam-site objects? We have Sa-6 working so I suppose Sa-4 can be done using such sites... immobile but at least working...

You mean, these were utilized from sa-2 launchers and sam-site objects? We have Sa-6 working so I suppose Sa-4 can be done using such sites... immobile but at least working...

Yes, but unless of specifically modded target files in scenery the displacement of all the SAM batteries is one engagement radar and 6 launchers around it. SA-4 had 3 launchers, SA-6 if I'm not wrong is the same and SA-1 is totally different story.

[sA-1 GUILD 50KM] YO-YO SAM_RADAR E/F BAND [sA-4 GANEF 50KM] LONG TRACK EW_RADAR E,I BAND THIN SKIN EW_RADAR H BAND PAT HAND SAM_RADAR H BAND surprising answer about sa-1 deployment I was thinking about GALOSH anti-icbm deployment around Moscow. As for sa-4 ganefs there were 4 models quoted one with 75km range,because of launch vehicle not modded I drop them on outside rails of akash and good to go.Still a lot of ground systems not modded yet.

• Like 1

I think these are the front and back cover of a manual on the missile. Note the 1950s (or 1930s?) "science fiction" art style. Always loved that. Interesting that style made its way to the Soviet Onion.

S-25-4-22.jpg

The tilted text field on the back cover, how often you see that?

Yea, forgot, I can't read a date on that, but assume that was written in the mid-late 50s or early 60s, during the...Kruchev (sp? :blink: ) Thaw so cover artists maybe felt a bit experimental.

• Like 1

The date is 1950

you can also read the book here:

http://c25.ru/index.php?pageID=65

or here, the whole book in PDF

It was published in 1996 it seems.

Edited by Snailman

Woa now, great find there thanks.

Translating now.

Crissy-ylflower.gif