Dave

Chaotic scene in Boston area after explosions, gunfire, fatal shooting of MIT officer

Boston is not having a very good week...

The police has one of the suspected bombers in custody the other is still at large. You were right CB34, less than 24 hours.

One's been tagged, other's still on the loose. Did this have anything to do with MIT or the drive by with grenades?

Looks like the one at large is dead. Just confirmed.

at least they got one.. hope they catch the other

sorry for the officer

Still one out there.

Still one out there.

something tells me he won't make it alive

Hope they do get him alive. Will prevent all the conspiracy theory crap if it goes to trail. And im meaner an want to see him get his ass kicked in jail for this while waiting on trail.....

• Like 1

something tells me he won't make it alive

One can hope. Part of me wants him taken alive so we can get info out of him. The other half wants him on a slab in some morgue in Boston and buried in an unmarked grave.

I just saw one of their names, they are Chechens. I will bet your bottom dollar on it.

One can hope. Part of me wants him taken alive so we can get info out of him.

yes, seems 3-letter agencies are still in the dark

I just saw one of their names, they are Chechyans. I will bet your bottom dollar on it.

WTF?!

Edited by Stary

Yep news just said they are brothers from a region in Chechnya. Damn I'm good.

yup, they just said in on the radio here, maybe not exactly from Chechnya but around there

Is this the first US experience with Chechnya?

Chechnyans have been fodder for the tv show s lately cause they can blend in better than your average arab terrorist. Look at the photos, these guys wouldnt stand out without the "wanted by the FBI" label.

Watching CNN while waiting, says sending buses to evac Watertown and bring more law enforcement in

And yes Gr Viper, we havent had the lovely aquaintance with chechnya that yall in moscow have.

Edited by daddyairplanes

OK, not quite Chechnya. Russian media reports that the guy of this name is from a family of Kyrgyz refugees to Dagestan, who later moved to the US.

The more I read about these guys, the less I think terrorist and the more I think Columbine. In other words, not politically motivated, but chaos motivated.

And the theory of "domestic extremist/Tea Party/disgrunted vet" is looking less likely by the second.

FC

That was quick - full images and information claiming to be from their social networking sites also on the BBC. Did these guys just go home as if nothing had happened? - maybe they didn't realise the extent of the camera coverage

maybe they didn't realise the extent of the camera coverage

My thought exactly, who on earth puts on distinctive white cap going off to stage a mass murder event?

Let's hope the younger one won't do some "take 'em with me" scenario when cornered (if the reports of him being wired to and having handfull of explosives is true)

THEY GOT HIM!

THEY GOT HIM!

To quote the Roach, "Mother f***er!"

• Like 1

Two brothers of Chechen ethnic origin. The older one born in the Soviet Union in 86, the younger born in Kyrgestan in 93. Family moved as refugees to Kahzahkstan in 99. Family emigrated to Cambidge, Mass. in 02. Both naturalized citizens. The older one 2010 New England Amateur Heavy Weight Boxing Champion. The older one possibly radicalized after recent trip to their native home land. These guys where Americans. This was domestic terrorism. Just not the right wing sort we are accustomed too. So I technically am not a monkey's uncle. Reports say that the Russian Secret Service ( or what ever the KGB is called these days) responded to a request from the FBI after they got a whole lot of tips after the photos where released ID'ing these two guys by name. The Russians reported that the older one's name was being tracked due to his travels in Russia. I think the younger one was just along for the ride. I got all that from "smart people news" tonight. It baffles me how you can fire 100 rds. at a wounded guy in a boat with several M-4's and not kill him. Chechens are evidently some tough sons a bitches. Also the Watertown Police set their cordon one block too small as their Police chief stated in the last press conference. He was found just yards from the area that was searched all last night. Crazyness.

Is it really domestic terrorism if they are islamists? I wouldn't have called the RAF domestic german terrorists since they were funded by the KGB.

Apparently, it is pretty hard to kill instantly a guy with light firearms. I just read a related article about a guy who got shot 14 times with a 45 cal pistol, stood still, took 3 to the head and still made it alive to the hospital.

Domestic, international, what´s the difference? Some of them say they do it to keep the government at bay, others to fight imperialism, to spread Islam, for communism, to free their homeland...there is no difference in those who slaughter innocents and hide whatever their goals or origins may be

• Like 1