yup

That lady was used in Vietnam to do some specific missions, if i´m not mistaken (and please correct me) it had minigun pods to strafe ground targets, it would be nice yo see her in SEA camo :)

mini gun pods specifically. used IR tracker to find cooking fires as well. some success though the AF wasnt too happy with repurposing that particular Century Series jet.....

sorry Flogger, didnt see the "mini" in your post til after mine

Edited by daddyairplanes

Yep, though a pretty plane it ain't.

While googling I found an interesting article on the F-102, which highlights that Dubya flew F-102s back in the day:

http://www.aerospace...ory/q0185.shtml

I actually have more respect for the guy now.

Yeah, I came across that one (among many others) while I was researching for the Razbam F-102A fixes; one thing most people don't know is that, with a little inattention/bad luck, all of the Century Series fighters were just as good at killing the pilot as they were at killing the enemy. The F-102A was so cutting edge that, because the Area Rule Theory was just beginning to be understood, a complete redesign was required just to get it past Mach one. The fact that the original engine had to be scrapped (another area where engineering was trailing the requirement at that time) didn't help either. A lot of pilots were killed by compressor stalls right after take-off; the Zero-Zero ejection seat did not exist at the time. If it wasn't that, compressibility issues were also not well understood, locked controls and the inability to recover from a flat spin were often due to this. It took brass b#lls just to fly many of these aircraft on a routine basis, much less in combat. Compressor stalls and other common engine malfunctions of the time are poorly modeled in StrikeFighters; I remember a thread over at ThirdWire where TK said he felt it would be too discouraging to the average sim-pilot if his plane killed him too many times; imagine what it was like for the real pilots. So, yeah, Bush deserves a little more respect than most people give him.

Ohhhh this will be epic, if you need help on skinning, which i doubt it, ping me, ok?

• Like 1

front

post-11906-0-74148000-1367640825_thumb.jpg

in g

post-11906-0-95735800-1367797656_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-48221200-1367797666_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-40446200-1367797686_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

few more

post-11906-0-28305900-1368077705_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-27904500-1368077727_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-93481300-1368077740_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

in max

post-11906-0-71989500-1368098243_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-61195500-1368098250_thumb.jpg

Fm still needs tweaking

I like it too! I would only move the inside of the engine on the back, far more inside. Cause the engine sits more to the center of the plane than on the back.

Thats all, the whole plane is cool, good work!

hope thats not a missunderstanding, i mean the "plate" where you can see the texture from the after part of the engine itself. That plate is to far back, needs to be more inside the plane

Black do me a favor and point it out for me