I am wondering if any one has placed an airfield and maybe secondary targets on Hainan Island on the VietnamSEA terrain. If you have could you please post the data.

isn't that Chinese territory? and 'out of bounds' during the war?

looking at the terrain, the city of Haikou is the wrong place .. as a port, it should be on the northern coast, split by a river (which is also missing)

the International AP (Haikou Meilan) could be fairly easily added; after retiling to 'cleared' airfield zone tiles

but you're literally at the edge of The Wall. And since the March or May or April or June 2012 patches ... we can't cant adjust it anymore (thanks a LOT for that one...)

approx coordinates 790938, 719624

Actually being "out of bounds" during the war is correct. But, The first F-4B from VF-96 was shot down in 65 by Chinese MiG-17's from Hainan. Also on one or more occasion early during the war the Navy prepared for Alpha Strikes on Hainan but where stood down (I wonder why? Ha!). It would be useful as a starting point for BarCAP missions from Yankee Station due to countless accounts of Chasing nosey Chinese MiG's away from the carriers. Just an airfield on the Island for the Chinese to spawn from would be good because it seems silly as I try to replicate events to have MiG's just appear out of thin air. My strengths as a modder do not lie in the field of "Terraforming" so I am calling for backup!

check PMs, Jim.

:salute:

np, man!

was less than 10 minutes work, too!

I also figured many times about the chinese Migs. Maybe one day we will see a new Vietnam with Hainan airfields.

Mr Wrench,Any chance of you PMing me and tell me what you did so I could change mine if it's in my skill set?Thanks! Whenever your able I know you are always busy on something.I like the idea of shooting Chinese mig's after they're airborne and wheels up Otherwise I would just be cheating woul'nt I?Yeah cheating.