Sign in to follow this  
flightdude

How to re-paint a original skin

Hi all hope you having a good day? just want to know on how to do a re-paint from original skin to a modded skin i.e say we have a desert skin but want to paint it to a winter camo skin for my aircraft? I had a look in the learning forum but onlys shows on how to paint a metalic skin not re-paint a skin!! oh by the way I am using Paintshop Pro...

Cheers fellow flyers....

flightdude.......

Best way would be that you can use an existing layered template (psd format f.e.).

Which aircraft would you repaint?

Hi Soulfreak, yeah BF110G from desert camo to winter camo I can load into paintshop and spray over main colour but I will destroy panel lines and weathering and so forth!!

what template are you talking about does that allow you to get to the layers? fade the panel lines so can spray camo theme on background and bring back panel lines and save ! might have do weathering again but not to much of a problem!! and where could I find this template?

Thanks for your time...

flightdude

you'll have to build the template, layer by layer, as none exist for DAT aircraft (other then user made)

redraw all the panel lines

redraw all the rivet lines

redraw all the weathering (seperate layers for exhaust gas darkineing of paint, seperate layer for gun smoke blastback, etc)

not terribly hard to do, but exceedingly time consuming

Hi Wrench, I was looking for an easier solution!! back to the drawing board as they say lol....oh well here I go then!! if I succeed I will post sample ! if I succeed!!

Cheers for response anyways!!

flightdude