Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

Splash one UAV

Are they sure there wasn't a tiny pilot inside? :grin:

Are they sure there wasn't a tiny pilot inside? :grin:

Yeah, maybe a tiny Iranian pilot. Opposite of their "stealth" jet. They are always switching tactics to keep us on our toes.

That's some mighty bug spray you've got there.

• Like 2

Well, from the north... must have originated in Sweden or Norway then.... :angry:

Edited by Derk

Same source, other picture.

post-3395-0-47700600-1367065151_thumb.jpg

To point 2: An Israeli is the No 1 Top Ace of the World? Wow.

And i stupid boy thought, that already Richthofen had more kills in WW1 than Giora Epstein.

Ha - I suppose that figure might hold post Korean War.

I believe that's jet kills, not props.

#3 is wrong, they need a rocket to do it!! :haha:

#5 is a non-issue. Israel has a west coast, but not an east one. To launch sats in the "right" direction the boosters would fall on inhabited countries, so they launch the other way. This does reduce the size of the sats they can launch for a given booster, though.

Point 5:not strange at all. they are reading the other way too ......... apart from that they are top notch professionals and I don't need this propaganda nonsense stuff for that.

Edited by Derk

I believe that's jet kills, not props.

hmm well even if you assume its jets only - according to the great wiki - USAF pilot Joseph McConnell has 16 x MiG-15 claims

Giora Epstein claimed 16 Jets and 1 x Mi-8 - so that's more a joint world record you could say.....based on dubious claims that you could never verify anyway.........

I thought the highest scoring jet ace was McConnell too. Oh well. Epstein is still a badass. His Dogfights episode was one of the best in the series.

I suppose that about the #3 point, it could be possible while using a Jericho II or III ICBM ?

I thought the highest scoring jet ace was McConnell too.

Take Pepelyayev or Sutyagin with 19 and 21 kills in Korea as soviet jet aces.

There is doubt to some of those claims but yes Pep and Sut ( shortened for fear of misspelling) do deserve mention if not the title of "Greatest Jet Ace." Anyone know if it was shot down with Python 5 or not?

Anyone know if it was shot down with Python 5 or not?

this info wasn't released, but I guess not.. no reason to deploy such sophisticated weapon on a "Home made" UAV

Maybe the pilot held a picture of Muhammad up to the UAV's camera and it self-destructed in anger? :biggrin:

this info wasn't released, but I guess not.. no reason to deploy such sophisticated weapon on a "Home made" UAV

They will have used the standard weapon for QRA planes. If they are armed with Pythons, then they will have used them.

You cant store a guided missile for a very long time. So its better to use one if neccessary and buid a new one instead to scrap it when the time of usefullness is over.

The last one was shot down by Python 5, so just guessing. The previous incident got the USAF to buy a small number of Python 5's for testing, specifically to use against the "small UAV" threat.