After updating to Jul 2012 version anytime I change the resolution down from 1920x1080 it won't load in full screen. I get a black border around the whole screen, the lower the resolution, the larger the boarder. I need it to be in a lower resolution to run smoothly. Anyone know how to fix this?

My initial thoughts would be graphics drivers or that the resolution you are choosing is not native to the hardware.

When you say you need a lower resolution to run smoothly, have you tried altering the graphics settings on your graphics card rather than changing the screen resolution? I remember reading somewhere either here or on the Thirdwire forum that fps etc could be increased by tweaking the external settings (from your graphics control panel).

It might help if you could post some system specs - that way a member who has similar specs can advise on their optimal settings.

Edited by Spiritwalker69

Native is 1920x1080. It was running fine with a lower res before I updated it. I prefer the lower res with better graphics versus higher res with lower graphics personally. I'm running an intel i5 with just the intel 2500 graphics. I know I should have a dedicated card but its an all-in-one pc so there's no option to add one. I took a look at the intel graphics options and nothing has changed. It's set to allow the application to change the resolution.

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you. I decided to try and replicate the problem by running SF2 on "my" laptop which has similar specs - CPU is an i5 but the graphics are intel 4000. Unfortunately I was unable to replicate the problem (suspect this may be due to the level of optimisation on the machine to make it fit for purpose.

As the outside chance I would suggest that you restore the comp to the most recent time before you updated SF2 (if possible) and check to see if the issue still occurs. If it does, then rename the saved games/mods folder(s) usually

C:\Users\Your Name\Saved Games\ThirdWire\ to C:\Users\Your Name\Saved Games\xThirdWire\

Now run any of the SF2 .exe's, this will start the game and recreate a stock saved games folder. If the sim runs normally then the chances are that a setting in one of the .ini files is corrupted. In theory you should be able to copy any add-on aircraft or campaigns to the new saved game folder and the game will run fine.

If the sim doesn't run normally then the only other suggestion is to uninstall everything and reinstall step by step. It might be best to re-download the games from thirdwire so that you get the latest install version.

Native is 1920x1080. It was running fine with a lower res before I updated it. I prefer the lower res with better graphics versus higher res with lower graphics personally. I'm running an intel i5 with just the intel 2500 graphics. I know I should have a dedicated card but its an all-in-one pc so there's no option to add one. I took a look at the intel graphics options and nothing has changed. It's set to allow the application to change the resolution.

Start -> run (search) then type dxdiag.exe and save the output - should give some useful info.

If your setup can run this game its likely to be graphics drivers need updating or a config issue.