Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

OT Welcome to the show, Donald!

last night my former almost-teammate (I played couple years with his older brother Sascha and Donald was about to join our team, but got signed in Regensburg instead) and opponent in the German 1. Baseball-Bundesliga Donald Lutz wrote history by becoming the first German baseball player ever to get a shot in the Major League Baseball. He is playing for the Cincinatti Reds and had to pinchhit in the 7th inning (groundout).

He has great skills, is a great and humble guy (sort of soft giant) and the Reds manager Dusty Baker and all the scouts love him. Hope he will get enough opportunities to prove that he belongs to the bigs.

Way to go mate!

Edited by Creaghorn

...had to pinchhit in the 7th inning (groundout).

:stars:

(You see I know nothing much about baseball. But knowing you, and seeing you are most exited,

I wish him all the good luck and success he will need for that!)

If not pinch-hitting, what position does he play?

If not pinch-hitting, what position does he play?

he was playing first base, but since last year they converted him to an outfielder. actually a good sign for him because joey votto is indispansable, and if they do that, they show that they want to give him more playing time and that they are planning with him.

btw., last night he had his first bigleague hit and first rbi and first stolen base.

:stars:

(You see I know nothing much about baseball. But knowing you, and seeing you are most exited,

I wish him all the good luck and success he will need for that!)

yeah, i know what you mean. same goes for me when some people with knowledge talk about abstract art or something like that. they see some spiritual influences in every curve and move. everything has a meaning bla, for me it's just a piece of empty cans, nailed together, or some weird colours randomly spread on canvas, something what monkeys could do also. :blind:

yeah, i know what you mean. same goes for me when some people with knowledge talk about abstract art or something like that. they see some spiritual influences in every curve and move. everything has a meaning bla, for me it's just a piece of empty cans, nailed together, or some weird colours randomly spread on canvas, something what monkeys could do also. :blind:

...or having someone explain how to play cricket and how much fun it is (and why does a game take three days?)

wohoo. 6 game hitting streak so far and tonight his first dinger. a three run laser beam against the foulpole. attaboy lutzki